CHAPTER TWO ( NEW LIFE?)

CHAPTER TWO

     Short note:

Recently i traveled toNigeriaand it is a nice place to be, with nice people and a mind blowing culture, then i realized that most people have not been to another continent especiallyAfrica. So i decided to write something different, to take readers on the exciting adventure that i had myself, you would be right in your home but this book would take you deep into the beautiful Nigerian culture and it’s beautiful people and their day to day life without you stepping out of your home.

THIS STORY IS BASED ON A TRUE LIFE STORY OF SOMEOE CLOSE TO MY FRIEND WHO IS BASED IN NIGERIA, so i would appreciate it if you vote or comment.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sister Felicia a strict middle age catholic sister came inside the room holding a long paper that had the list of names of the children that got lucky this month and were going to be adopted, as she called the first ten names my heartbeat accelerated with fear and anxiety. I don’t want to be left behind again; all of my old friends including the new ones that i met me here had their names in the list, she called out the last five and my name was not among the names, and tears streamed down my eyes as the girls hugged themselves and went to their new family.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The next morning i woke up feeling bad, i had a terrible heartache that refused to go away i hated the fact that nobody wanted me; i hated waking up in the same room feeling like a complete nothing. New girls come and go but the memories come and never leave.

                            ‘Morning girls.’ The voice of Sister Maria boomed from the doorway and everybody grumbled because she always delivered bad news.

‘Everybody should stay in the dorm today; there are no lectures or playtime today. Do you understand?’

                            ‘Yes ma.’ We answered

  ‘Eve’ she called and my heart froze as she stared at me with an unreadable expression. ‘After breakfast come to the administrator’s office.’

                            ‘WHY? What have i done wrong?’

‘You have done nothing wrong sweetie.’ She answered. ‘Nobody should get out of the dorm after breakfast, anybody caught outside after the alarm bell would be punished, stay indoors and take care of the dorms get dressed and make yourself look presentable. Visitors are coming today, so be at your best behavior.’