A Holo-Call from Obi-Wan

Anakin was drawn away from contemplating his padawan's body and the effects it was inevitably going to have on him, largely based on the simple fact that he was the proud owner of a Y chromosome, by the sound of his holocomm chiming loudly.

The precise piece of music it was producing was the theme tune to Grange School, a popular education drama produced on Coruscant. It was the ringtone he'd assigned to Obi-wan, for the simple reason that he was Anakin's main tutor in the arts of the Force, lightsaber duelling, and logic.

"Master." He said, answering the device with a smile, glad to have his mind taken off of the Ahsoka problem.

"Anakin." Obi-wan replied. "How are things on Teiron?"

"Well enough, master." Anakin said. "We ran into a bit of trouble yesterday actually."

"Oh?" Obi-wan asked.

"Snips got about twenty yards ahead of me, and disappeared behind a haulage speeder. Next thing I know, she's terrified, and when I vault the speeder, she's got an electrostaff pressed into the back of her head, and is pretty much totally defenceless, not to mention locked in anti-force cuffs."

"What?"

"That was my reaction." Anakin said, matter-of-factly. "Rex, fortunately, was on the ball, and he took out the hostage taking droid before it could force me to surrender."

"You would have." It wasn't a question.

"If it meant saving Snips from becoming the next Jedi killed in this war, in a heartbeat."

Obi-wan didn't even question the statement. If Anakin had been taken hostage, while he was still Obi-Wan's padawan, he knew he'd have done almost anything to get him out alive. It was the duty of a Jedi master towards their padawan. As simple as that.

"It was that serious?" He asked instead.

"She was flat on her stomach, had an electro-staff on her third lekku, and her hands were parallel behind her, six inches apart. If that kriffing droid had wanted to..."

"How is she holding up?"

Oh, Force. How much of the truth do I tell?

"She's a bit shaken. We haven't got the cuffs off of her wrists yet."

"She's still..."

"No, Master. She has her full range of motion again." Anakin reassured him. Including a few I didn't expect her to make. We just can't get the cuffs off."

"Why?" Obi-wan asked, his tone suddenly very concerned.

"They were forged for her. Really well. There isn't a single flaw in them that I can detect."

"Your lightsaber?"

"I'd be lucky to slide a sheet of flimsi between her wrist and the cuffs. She's comfortable enough, just completely unable to touch the Force. It wouldn't matter how I went about it, she'd suffer burns at the least."

"Is she capable of combat?"

Anakin hesitated. "Not the sort of capable she needs to be." He replied, grimly after a few moments. "I can give her a blaster, and some white armour, if I have to."

"Yillo is just about tied up." Obi-wan replied. "I'm only about two hundred parsecs away."

Urk... I need to make sure he doesn't come here. Anakin realized. "No, Master, we're just about finished as well." He blurted, a bit more hastily than he intended.

"I didn't know Senator Amidala wasn't on the capital." Obi-wan replied, knowingly. They'd been caught within a month by Obi-wan, but the council, when he reported it, hadn't cared, partly because there was a war on, and at least somewhat because it was a relationship driven by physical attraction and the need to relax. The order didn't care about physical relationships. He even knew of Jedi who frequented those parts of the Senate district where the type of call girls who were physically attractive waited on the corners of pedways and inside cheap hotels. Having a Jedi on the premises usually kept trouble away, so it was a mutually beneficial relationship, the Jedi getting a bit more than the government discount, and the brothels getting a force-using splatter (1) now and again.