⊳ 𝐱𝐯𝐢. Stupid Feelings

Start from the beginning

She stood up, gathering her bags as Sabrina did the same, and the two left the classroom together. As she left, her eyes caught a glimpse of Harry wrapping his arm around Mary Jane Watson's shoulders and she looked away quickly, pursing her lips as she did so. She hated that feelings inside her made her jealous of the girl, wanting Harry to do that to her, but at the same time she wanted nothing from him at all.

"That class is a waste of time," Sabrina groaned, "I don't know how he's still employed here."

Toni shrugged at that. "Probably has some pull with the Board," she supplied, knowing that knowing someone on the Board was a sure way to stay at Midtown. Obviously that's how she was doing it...or how people thought she was doing it.

Either way, did it really matter? She was there and there to stay.

"You're probably right," Sabrina hummed, nodding her head along as the hallway got more crowded with people, "Come on, I have to go my locker. Beckham was kind enough to make me lunch today."

"Charming guy," Toni teased.

Sabrina rolled her eyes. "And so much older than us, so stop it. I don't know what it is with your fascination with older men..."

"I don't have a fascination with older men," Toni frowned, following Sabrina to her locker.

"Yeah, right," Sabrina rolled her eyes, a ghost of amusement on her lips as they twitched upwards, "As if you don't always ask Atlas to set you up with Colin."

"That's purely to upset him," Toni defended herself, because even though she asked about his fine older brother sometimes, she now only did it to annoy Atlas since he hated it, "Really, I don't. It's just fun to joke."

Sabrina hummed, not agreeing or disagreeing with her statement. "Alright then," she responded, an edge of disbelief causing Toni's frown to deepen.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked, because if Sabrina thought she really had a thing for older men who had to be pedophiles in order to date her, then Sabrina was sorely mistaken and she would have to correct that.

No way in hell did Toni have a thing for pedophiles, they were creepy and needed to be locked up, and if her friend didn't know that then her friends had problems and she needed to correct that. Besides, Harry was her age.

Ugh, no. She couldn't think about him. She didn't have time for stupid boys who made her feel stupid things.

"It's just that I don't know that, because it's not like you've shown any interest in guys or girls our age..." Sabrina said in a sing-song tone and Toni knew that this was a trap. This was most definitely a trap but she couldn't fall for it.

"Just because I haven't had a crush on someone doesn't mean I have a thing for older men, it just means that I don't do crushes," Toni corrected her, "Besides, I liked Caden fine enough before."

Yeah, maybe she didn't want to date him and he turned out to be a total dick who cheated on his girlfriend, but he was hot and she had no problem with sleeping with him before. He was super annoying before and she never wanted a conversation with him, but she liked him just fine when his mouth was occupied.

"And no one else?" Sabrina edged for more.

Toni didn't give away that she knew where Sabrina was going and hoping to get from her. That would ruin all the fun and, yeah, maybe Sabrina was right and she did like Harry even though he was infuriating and made her so fucking mad, but he also was cute and he lit such a fire inside her and maybe she loved it and craved it, but Sabrina totally didn't need to know that.