⊳ 𝐱𝐯. What Matters Most

◤ chapter fifteen: ❛ what matters most ❜ ◢

chapter fifteen: ❛ what matters
most ❜ ◢

TONI WASN'T BORED FOR ONCE. Instead, she was in total panic mood. Not that small anxious mind to tell you something was troubling her, but the full blown holy fucking fuck what the fuck kind of panic that was plaguing her mind and holding her panic. She felt like she couldn't breathe but then again, she was breathing too much and her eyes were too wide and she was too anxious.

          She didn't look calm at all, but she wasn't. She wasn't fucking calm when her mind was racing so quick inside her head it almost hurt and she couldn't think past the thought of Sabrina almost dying and that a near-death experience made her realize that, okay, Harry might be a little bit more than attractive and he's aggravating in a good way and maybe she wants to get to know him better if he apologizes for calling her a bitch...

          But that's only a maybe, because she can't admit to anything else when Harry was still so infuriating and fueled so much of something inside her and she absolutely hated it but maybe not as much as she did yesterday.

          God, fuck feelings. They were ruining her life because she was supposed to be Toni Alderson the stone cold bitch who felt nothing but now she was feeling things for the worst boy in the world, but maybe he wasn't the worst boy in the world. Maybe he was a match that was igniting a flame inside her and she hated as much as she craved it, because no one made her feel like this.

          No one lit a fire inside her, took her bones and brought a match to them like he did. And she hated it. Hated how easy it was for him, hated how he did it so carelessly like he didn't know, and she hated that she liked it. Hated that she missed him before, hated that she was fearful when she heard that they all almost died, and hated that she feared for him in particular. She thought of him and she thought of Sabrina, and she was scared.

          Scared because that was her best friend who called her after nearly dying, only to be saved by Spider-Man (and she would really have to thank Peter for that because this was her best fucking friend in the whole world), and scared because Harry was there too. And she didn't know what Harry was. She could've called Harry her worst enemy before, walking into Apple Eye's Diner she hated him and despised Finn for even thinking that she thought otherwise, but now she did.

          She did and she was confused. Everything was confusing. Aldersons weren't supposed to have feelings or to have crushes. They were supposed to be greedy and go after things they couldn't have and then take them – not for the sake of love, but for the sake of wealth. Her grandma did that, her aunt did that, and her mom did that. Mom – not even an Alderson by blood – knew that and she took what she wanted.

          Eden Alderson saw a man with money, a young man with money, and she took him and trapped him so now he can't leave. He's stuck and he has money and now so does Eden. Eden Alderson also has a daughter who fucking hates her guts and a loveless marriage, so ha.