⊳ 𝐱𝐢𝐢. Sending Off

Start from the beginning

"Trust me, I know that you're gonna fucking kill it. You've been getting rid for so long now and you're gonna absolutely rock it!" Toni assured her, a smile appearing on her face to comfort her friend further.

Sabrina slumped, a small pout forming on her lips. "I just really wanna win, you know?"

"I get it," Toni nodded, "And you will. I have complete faith in you. Obviously, you've gone above and beyond and so has Liz. And you've got some great nerds on your team who should be in their fucking element in this."

Sabrina snorted when she called the others nerds. But, like, was she wrong? She knew that Ned Leeds was there and he was a complete nerd. Really, he was working on a fucking Lego set during lunch with Peter Parker, who does that? Only nerds – or was the correct term geek for that kind of stuff? Whatever, who cares. Definitely not her.

And she could see Cindy Moon standing with Liz looking at the Allan girl like she was hanging stars right there in front of her. God, it was super annoying, if you ask her. And then her eyes went to flutter and see Mary Jane Watson and – oh, God – Harry.

She forgot that Sabrina said he was on the team. Apparently, Mary Jane convinced him to be on it – what a nerd. But she wasn't going to let him damper her already not-so good mood, so she looked away from him and back to Sabrina.

"You can't keep calling them nerds without also calling me a nerd," Sabrina cracked a small smile.

"And who says that I'm not also calling you that? I mean, you're on the Decathlon team! That's pretty nerdy, Brina," Toni joked with her, trying to lighten the girl's mood and relieve her nerves.

"Oh, shush," Sabrina rolled her eyes, but she was giggling which caused Toni to let out her own little giggle.

"I'm just saying..."

Sabrina shook her head, looking around at the others before turning her sly eyes back to her. "So you're calling Harry a nerd?"

Toni rolled her own eyes then. "What is it with you and bringing up Harry in conversations that have nothing to do with him?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because you slept with him," Sabrina said in a light voice, carrying a wave of innocence.

Toni turned sharp eyes to her. "That was a mistake and you know it. I would've never slept with him if I was sober and coherent, but I wasn't, so it was just a bad choice on my part. Which means no bringing it up."

"I'm just saying..." Sabrina mocked her, a teasing smile covering her features.

"Don't start that with me. There's nothing going on between us and there never will, so stop trying to spin it that way," she said, even though when she looked at her and his messy hair, easy smile, and too-casual of an outfit she felt something erupt in her chest.

God, emotions. No – not emotions because the only emotion she felt towards him was hatred. He was her enemy and she absolutely hated him and there was other feeling – none. She was sure of it. Fuck feelings and fuck any other emotion besides hate because this was Harry and she hated him. Nothing else. Yep. That was her story and she was sticking to it.

And even if she did like him, let's just pretend that she did, why would she? He was an absolute jerk who called her a bitch and that was unforgivable. But she did she even care? She never cared when someone said something bad about her. Kennedy Conner had called her a slut a multitude of times and she didn't give a shit about that, so why did it even matter? God, he infuriated her.