⊳ 𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. Secret Identities

Start from the beginning

He huffed, "Not really. We slept together, that's not just nothing."

"Really? I can't be your first one-night stand, can I?" Toni asked him rhetorically, "We fucked, yeah, and it's not gonna happen again. And you can forget about whatever we talked about."

"You don't remember?" he raised an eyebrow.

She shook her head. "Not really," she admitted, "I was blackout drunk. Like, it was us at the party and then me waking up in your bed the next morning. But it doesn't matter. We aren't friends and we certainly aren't fuck buddies or anything. So just forget about this and let's go back to hating each other."

Harry rolled his eyes before leaning in, "I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: I don't fucking hate you. You annoy me, but I don't hate you. So if you think we're enemies, it's just one-sided."

As he pulled away from her, she glared at him. "Yeah, we're not enemies, sure, but that doesn't mean we're friends."

"I never said we were," Harry returned.

"Good," she said in a finalization of their conversation, "Well, bye. Let's hope we never have to talk ever again."

"Whatever," Harry shook his head at her, walking away leaving her alone.

She huffed to herself. God, Harry was so infuriating. Why the fuck did he have to say that he didn't hate her and make her look like the bad guy for hating someone who didn't hate her? He wasn't better than her; she was better than him! At least she wasn't...well, so what if they were similar? She was still better.

She ran into the bathroom and looked around to make sure no one was in there before letting out a scream of frustration. She really hated him for leaning in and allowing his breath to tickle her air, for making her feel like her insides were on fire when she tried to remember the night they fucked. It just wasn't fair at all and she hated him.

She really hated him.

Not wanting to waste any more time of her lunch period, she walked out of the bathroom and began to walk toward the lunch room when she heard whispering in one of the classrooms. Curiosity overtaking her, she stealthy made her way over to the cracked door to listen, peering in to see that it was Peter Parker and Ned Leeds in the computer lab.

And she didn't really know them, if she was being honest, because they were the complete opposite of cool and were the type of kids to make posters about the dangers of underage drinking or smoking or doing drugs – well, whatever she did basically. So they weren't even close to being friends, but she still leaned in.

"I still don't understand why you didn't show up at Liz' party," Ned said to Peter.

"I was going to, but then I saw this explosion and I had to go check it out and I saw these guys selling this alien-like technology. But then they saw me because my phone went off and I was chased by them and it was totally dangerous but kinda cool but then I went into the water and Mr. Stark had to save me," Peter rambled on and Toni's face morphed into one of confusion.

"Man, you're so cool," Ned gushed.

Peter blushed and looked down. "Thanks, but you know what's cooler? I got a piece of the technology."

He reached into his bag and pulled out a glowing purple box – well, it was circular, but whatever, it was box-like – and handed it to Ned. "Cool!" Ned exclaimed.

"I just don't know what it does," Peter sighed as Ned started examining it.

"Well, we'll find out then," Ned said decidedly, "I mean, I am your guy in the chair which means I'm obligated to help you find out what this is. I'm sure we can do it."