⊳ 𝐯. Miracles Can Happen

Start from the beginning

         "Ugh, I know," Cindy gushed, "I'm so excited for it! I think Andy McMillian is going to ask me on Friday because that's what Jenna Kennings said. And I trust her."

         Toni couldn't help but snort. "Andy McMillian also got caught with Penny Eaton having a quickie last week," she brought up, staring right into the eyes of the deflating Cindy, "And he spied on the volleyball team when they were changing after practice one day. So your source is probably wrong and you shouldn't want him to ask you anyway."

         Cindy sighed, crumbling in her chair and, ever the peacekeeper, Liz brought her hand to touch the girl's shoulder and comfort her. "It's alright. I'm sure that someone else will ask you who's better than Andy."

         And even though Toni knew that it was probably considered rude for interrupting the conversation she clearly wasn't apart of and getting a twinge of happiness at the sadness of Cindy, but well, Andy's also an asshole and she was saving her at the end of the day. So, well, she didn't feel bad at all.

         "Maybe you can get Jason to take you," Betty offered, picking off a piece of tortilla before chewing on it, "He's been stalking me ever since we started doing the news here and it's super annoying. Like, yeah, he can make a great co-host sometimes but I'm not interested in him at all and he just can't take a hint. Maybe if you make a move on him he'll leave me alone."

         "Wow, love you pretending to be helpful and selfless when really trying to do something for yourself," Toni sarcastically said, sipping at her water.

         Sabrina hit her harshly. "Toni!" she hissed, "You can say things like that!"

         "What?" Toni questioned back, feigning innocence.

         Betty glared at her, burning holes into her eyes. "Like you wouldn't do the same thing," she snapped and Toni just rolled her eyes. Yeah, she would and she's not ashamed to admit it.

         Toni already knew she was a terrible person and now it was her duty to make others realize that. Betty was one of those because she thought of herself as an angel. Ugh, as if.

         "Sabrina," Liz changed the subject, looking at the underclassman, "I was wondering if you looked at the different themes. I'm thinking more City Lights but Jessica thinks that Fine Art would be a better pick."

         "Oh! I'm not sure. I really like Fine Art but I'm not sure how we do that so I think City Lights is our best bet," Sabrina said, biting into her sandwich.

         Liz nodded, writing it down in her notebook where she kept track of all her information. Toni looked over to Atlas and sighed, wishing that she could be there smoking with them outside rather than sitting here discussing the Homecoming dance. But Toni's never been big on dances, not like Sabrina or Liz, and didn't really care if she was asked or not. What was the big deal?

         But that's just her and if she wasn't best friends with Sabrina – and if the girl didn't force her into going dress shopping forcing her into attending – she probably wouldn't even go.

         "Who are you taking?" Betty asked Flash, turning the attention of the table to him, "Well, who are you thinking of taking?"

         Flash shrugged, not really interested in the conversation. "I don't know. Maybe Hannah would be willing to go with me."

         "Or you could ask me," Betty suggested, "You know, just as friends. It'd be fine."

         He looked at her and smiled, nudging her back. "Yeah, alright. But don't expect me to get you flowers or anything or a fancy meal."