CHAPTER FOUR

I would like to dedicate this chapter to Brind2y2 for encouraging me even if it seemed simple meant slot to me and to everyone who gave time to read. Enjoy and don't forget to vote.
Love you guys.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Josh's pov

Five years later

They say beside every successful man is a powerful woman. Ha! Guess what am that one damn man from a billion in this world that let her go. Five years ago I let the one woman who showed me what love is go. I'm such a fool. Things have been going down the drain since Kim walked away.
No you let her go you ass!  My conscience fired at me. Well even my conscience hates me.
I was so lost till I got a text from an unknown number.
unknown: how does it feel to hit rock bottom? Guess what? You are yet to know the truth.
I looked at the text and it didn't make sense to me. All I knew is that the moment that Kim left me, my company started losing so much money and I was not happy in the relationship with Cassie. God! Don't get me started with that woman, if only I didn't allow her to seduce me that night I wouldn't be here today. Maybe I could have been a father. I smiled at that thought. Kim and I always talked about having kids. Who would they look like? Me? Kim? My Kim. I miss her so much. Where is she? I have looked for five years but to no avail. With that I downed the whiskey in the glass I was holding and left a hundred dollar bill on the counter and left the pub. Time to face another nightmare.

I walked into my house and was greeted by smoke with someone screaming like a goat been strangled. WTF! I rushed to where the smoke was coming from and what saw had me shocked that a person with five senses could be doing that.
"Cassie what the hell are you doing?! " I said as I walked up to the burning pan. "Baby, I was trying to put out the fire but it keeps getting bigger." at this point the alarm had gone off.  I quickly got a towel and took the pan to the sink and opened the tap to let water cool it down.  I then turned off the stove but before I could say anything the phone went off. I walked to the phone and picked up.
"hello" I was beyond upset.
"sir,we got an alert that there was a fire.please exit the house as soon as possible help is on its way."
"no need for that it was just dinner that got burned. I took care of it." I said through my teeth. I then hang up and turned to Cassie who for some stupid kept looking at the pan in the sink like it was some science equation.
"ARE YOU CRAZY?! "
"Baby,  I was just trying to make dinner and then a fire started. I was only trying to put it out" I couldn't believe my ears.
"put out the fire? Put out the fire?! Are stupid or what?! Put out a fire by pouring oil to a flame and screaming like a strangled goat?!"
"baby why are you yelling at me?"
"you know what? I'm out of here." with that I left while I heard Cassie calling my name but I was tired, upset..... Upset? No I was angry, hungry and alot on my mind. I got into my car and drove off to my safe haven.
Hey! Don't judge me for how I acted towards Cassie. Let me tell you about that woman! Today it was oil to put out a fire, last week I found she burned one of my favorite shirts bought by Kim and when the material caught to the iron she covered it with a towel and when I asked her what was going on she said since it was a steam iron putting a towel was like steaming for a facial and the the cloth would unstick. Okay if that's mean then I am cause what gets damner than that. I personally can't think of anything.
I arrived to my safe haven and went in. Everything still the way Kim had wanted them when we bought the house. Ya when Kim left I still wanted to respect the place I called home with her and I had Cassie and I move out into a small flat. Of course she whined about staying in a small place while I got Kim a bigger place.  I just shut her up by telling her she wasn't Kim. I got into the kitchen and remembered how much fun I used to have in this place. Her cooking, I swear that woman can cook. I last had a home cooked meal five years ago, now? Take out is my meal.
I got a bottle of whiskey and went to the living room to seat on her favorite  chair,where she used to curly herself like a fetus with a blanket while watching TV or sleeping on me.
Flashback
"OMG! Josh, baby, I love this house." she said as we walked into the house.
"Babe, you haven't even seen it all yet and you loved it?" I said with a smug on my face.
" I swear you could take me to a shack and tell me it's our home and I would love it because I would be with you" she said as she wrapped her hands around my neck. I kissed her passionately.

I walked into the kitchen tired from worked and found my beautiful wife in my shirt only. Those sexy legs on display for my eyes only. I walked behind her and wrapped my hands around her. She jumped abit. "baby you scared me." I just kissed her neck. "what's cooking?"
"grilled chicken and potatoes with mushroom sauce. Taste it." she brought the spoon to my mouth and oh my! That sauce was amazing. "amazing! So long till it's ready?"
"umm about 30 minutes before the grills are done."
"then we have enough time." I lowered my mouth and captured her mouth.

End of flashback

I woke up to the annoying sound of my phone. I reached for it and picked up. "hello"i groaned.
"hello Mr Collins." it was Mr Johnson my lawyer.
"yes what's wrong?"
"could you come by my office right now? It's an urgent matter and you need to see this."
"I will be there just give me some time to freshen up." I then hang up and got up knocking the empty whiskey bottle in the process. I looked at the couch that had become my new  bed these past months. If not years I huffed.

When I got to Mr Jackson's office I was allowed in straight away.
"morning Mr Collins."
"Jackson" I said as I sat down.
"can I offer you some coffee?"
"yes and what's with the Mr Collins ."
"of course, sometimes I forget we are best friends and want to sound professional but who am I kidding I can't even say that with a straight face." he said with a smile. Oh Jack Johnson is my bestfriend and lawyer. His the only one who really kept it 100 with me after Kim but always has my back.
"what's up Jack?"
"just look at these. I got them in the mail and to say I'm in shock is an Under stament." I took at the file and went through it.
"what's this Jack?!"
"calm down Josh"
"Calm down! You just showed me that someone is stealing from me and if I don't do anything someone might steal my company?! And you want me to calm down!"
"listen to me. I know what you are thinking but I have found you a way out."
"what way? Kim helped me build and I worked so had to take KJ Co. to where it is for her." I rubbed my face waiting for this way out.
"there is a marketing company that is willing to sign with an advertising,marketing and advertising company such as KJ."
"what's the catch?"
"this is a rising company."
"wait you want me to work with an amateur company? You joking right?"
"no. They landed the deal with Chris Jones." I looked at him shocked like this company won against me?
"the CEO is fire, focused and driven. You work with them and you could save your company and it's a win win for the two companies. They just need your back up. In fact I set up a meeting with the CEO for you and it's in an hour. He hates to be kept waiting so you better get there and I will try to find out who is stealing from you."
"this better be good Jack."

I got to the building and got to the reception. I barbie doll greeted me. 
" Collins to see the CEO."
"just a minute" she purred. I was irritated.
" ya you are been expected. Last floor up and after that how about you and i-"
"look I suggest you do your job and piss me off more than I am and we good. As for you and I?never!"
With that I went to the elevator and went to the top floor. When I got there, I found a young man sitting by a desk outside an office.
"Collins for the CEO. "
"yes sir, you are expected just go through that door." he said with a smile. As I reached the door my phone alerted the arrival of a text. I pulled out the phone and it was a message from unknown.
Unknown: door one.... What's your move? In for a treat.

Who was this? Is this a prank or what? Will have my IT guys look into it when I get back to the office. With that I knocked on the door and got a faint come in.  I went into the office and behind the desk was a petite woman, pretty from where I stood but no one could top my Kim. I just walked to the desk and sat I had no time for bullshit today. I need to find who's stealing from me and get to know the terms of this joining with this woman who seemed too busy with what she was doing and wasn't acknowledging my presence. How rude. I huffed.
" we all have things to do you know."
She shot her head up as I spoke. It's her. 
"Adrian-"
"Kim-"
I found her.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

What do you think will happen next?

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote,comment and share. Love you guys.