eNDING THE SUB v. DUB DEBATE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW

ok lookie

some dubs are GOOD (Assassination Classroom)
some dubs are GREAT (Ouran High School Host Club)
some dubs are AMAZING (Hetalia)
some dubs are just as good as sub (Seraph of the End)
some dubs are laughably horrible (Diabolik Lovers)
and some are just flaming crap mixed with garbage (Attack on Titan)

HOWEVER

NOT ALL DUBS ARE BAD YOU SHALLOW CLOSEMINDED ASSHOLES

WHATEVER POINT YOU'RE TRYING TO PROVE, THAT "DUBS ARE A HELLSPAWN AND SUBS ARE A GIFT" OR "EW DUBS ARE CRINGY XD" STOP THAT RIGHT NOW BECAUSE YOU'RE ONLY SUCCEEDING IN MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A GOD DAMN RETARD

look
i know opinions are a thing
and you can like sub more than dub, that's fine

but holy jumping jesus on a pogo stick, stop brushing off ACTUALLY good dubs while not even giving them a chance because "subs are always better and all dubs suck"

like My Hero Academia, i recently saw somebody pass off the english voice actors' performances as "lackluster" and "possessing no emotion"

EXCUSE ME KIND SIR AND/OR MA'AM

HAVE YOU HEARD JUSTIN BRINER AS DEKU? OR CLIFFORD CHAPIN AS BAKUGOU? OR EVEN JESSICA CAVANAGH AS MAMA MIDORIYA?

however this leads me to another problem that causes misconceptions about dubs: miscasting characters. there are some perfectly good voice actors out there who have done marvelous work in the past, but the character they are cast to play should not be played by that voice actor at all. (i could say this about Switzerland, seeing as his English voice is much more masculine sounding as opposed to his Japanese voice (Romi Park), but in my opinion John Burgmeier fits his personality and appearance much better; though that isn't to say i dislike Romi Park as Switzerland, but i'm getting off track--)
for example, Todd Haberkorn as Haruka Nanase from Free
Todd Haberkorn is an amazing voice actor, and nobody can deny that, however his work as Haru was just... not quite right. his voice didn't fit Haru in slightest, it wasn't deep enough, it didn't hold that same level of borderline carelessness that Haru always has in his voice, it just sounded mediocre. which is the kind of voice you'd expect from the guy who voiced Italy ffs, so why on earth would you cast someone like Todd Haberkorn as someone like Haru? more examples of this could be Clarine Harp as China in the much, much earlier seasons of Hetalia, Bryce Papenbrook as Eren Jaeger, etc, etc. these moments of tomfoolery by the casting crew lead people to believe that all dubs are just this bad, which is stupidest thing i've ever seen. the Free dub, with Haru as the one exception, is actually really decent. the Attack on Titan dub is unsavable, despite having some voices that i actually kind of like, but that's not the point.

dubs can be bad, dubs can be horrible.

but more often than not, dubs are actually very good and can blow you away with just how much time and emotion and love is put into each voice.
one really amazing example of this is Ouran High School Host Club, which is in my opinion FAR more superior than the sub. when i watched the sub, i was honestly just angered to no end. the amount of emotion put into a line from the dub is nowhere near what the sub gave us. like with Kyoya's freak out, him fuming mad and yelling about how much he hates Tamaki, the performance for the dub was perfect, J. Michael Tatum really sold us on how mad this usually laid back, cool, uncaring character really was. THE SUB DID NONE OF THAT. when Kyoya was supposed to be yelling angrily, it sounded like he was just mildy inconvenienced, like he was simply speaking, which is horribly wrong. there were many instances when the way the lines were delivered did not match how the characters looked or felt at all. the sub is just disastrous in my opinion, i can't stand it.
and, again, another example is Hetalia. i don't dislike the sub in the slightest, in fact i love all of the Japanese voices to bits, but the English voice actors just steal the show. they went all out with the accents, the outdated, clever jokes, the hilarious rewriting of the script and retelling of history, the entire concept of stereotypes just hits that much harder with the dubs marvelous cast. i cannot express my love for this dub enough, and if i try to SaltyOtaku will fruking maim me, so i'll stop it here.

but.
long story short, dubs can be amazing. not all dubs are horrible, and a lot of people need to get that through their thick god damn skulls. stop acting like you're some all-powerful deity for only watching subs, because ffs you're just not. shut up, get off your high horse, and learn to be an actual openminded human being instead of an absolute asshole. and please stop starting unnecessary sub v. dub debates. they're stupid. you're stupid.

thank you.