"I should have known only assassins keep weapons on them. Silver too..." He breathed making a break for the stone balcony. We couldn't kill him because technically I was not an assassin so they would not believe me and if Dimitri did. They would kill him.

I ran to Dimitri standing beside him as Micheal used the stone ledge for support.

"Oh you can promise I will be back. With a much greater and stronger army. One you will never defeat. One that will rule the whole world." He promised before leaping off of the balcony.

I took a deep breath and rested my head against Dimitri's arm, considering that he was so damn tall.

"You know, I always thought he was a little weak just by observing him the past two weeks. He is very precise." I commented. Dimitri didn't say anything he just faced me infront of him. His face looked almost pained or maybe he was just calm.

But what I noticed was his eyes, they weren't a burning glowing amber. They were a calming brown.

"What's wrong with your eyes?" I asked as he lightly moved my neck to the side.

"Adrenaline. Vampires have a higher rush than females and after, vampire features are disabled for a few hours. So my eyes will stay brown for about two hours, my senses will dull a bit but nothing else." He said kind of flatly as he went to wet the piece of fabric he came back and lightly dabbed at my neck his face once again just calm. No emotion.

"I thought you weren't coming back."

"Just because you technically are not my job anymore. I am still guarded to protect you. Your parents wanted the assassins close by to monitor the kingdom."

"But you are up in England..."

"We have a smaller base closer here." He explained.

"So you had people watching me?"

"Yes." He said throwing the bloody cloth away. He came back and pressed his mouth against my neck. A cold liquid came in contact with my skin and I jumped a bit as goose bumps rose.

"Vampire venom. It will fade the mark but it will leave a scar. A vampires bite will always leave a scar." He said.

"LIke this one?" I asked removing my glove to expose the back to black mark.

"Yes. But that was a mark so there is venom in the skin. I just put it on the outside to seal up the wound." He said walking over to the balcony. He leaned against the stone rail and stared back at me the moonlight captured the features on his face. The strong chiseled jaw, perfect lips, those amazing cheek bones and eyes. His brown hair that was down to the nape of his neck a little bit messy but looked amazing. His shoulders were wide and strong, his arms were defined in the form fitting royal jacket.

I shook my head and took a deep breath.

"I have been going insane here. It's boring." I said after the silence. I walked to the entrance to the balcony and folded my arms not before removing the other glove.

"This is where you belong." He said firmly.

"Where I belong? Do you not recall that I am more talented than half of the assassins you hired?" I asked.

"The assassins I hire don't hesitate with people who they are supposed to kill."

"What do you expect, Dimitri! I have lived with the man, I grew up with him thinking he was my brother."

"Still no one does that, Zedidya."

"How can you even know Dimitri!? Like Michael said himself, there is no family around you to go through with that." I said, although I regretted every word that flowed in that sentence. His eyes went back to a burning amber like when he saw Michael.

"You want this life Zedidya? Honestly?You put your life on the line everyday. There are people who I have hired who wish they didn't except because now they are vampires and they want to be normal and die of old age."

"I began fighting when I was six. What do you expect? That I want to ride horses and party with princes?"

"That's what you should be doing." He said preparing to jump down from the balcony.

"Dimitri. If you leave I will just come after you."

"That's why I have already planned, try it; I will be waiting, a full army of vampires awaits you." He challenged jumping down from my balcony. I looked down and there was no one there. It would take me a while to reach England. Considering I had no vampire speed. But, I had everything I needed.

I ripped the dress off along with the corset and shoved on my wrapped long sleeve and pants. I shoved on my boots and my black robe, tying the blue cloth tightly around my waist. I placed my knife in my boot, my double blade on my thigh under my robe and that's when my mother came in.

"I know eavesdropping is bad..." She murmured, walking in silently and swiftly sitting on my bed. She wore a cream colour dress with sleeves that ended before her elbow and had a cuff that was a bit long and flowed. The cream looked nice with her fading black hair. It suited her.

"How come you are not surprised Dimitri is a vampire?" I asked facing her as I placed a gun in my cleavage and ammo on my stomach in a strap holder.

"I met Dimitri Komorov nineteen years ago, your father met him thirty years ago. It was kind of strange how he looked young and well. That's when he introduced, taking off his hood and smiling with a mouth of fangs." She sighed tracing pattern on my bed cover. I placed the silver arrows on my back along with my bow.

"Vampires were a common thing and they still are now. There are many stories, ones my father and mother said to me. I wasn't scared. Dimitri was charming, sweet and kind."

"I actually considered going with him." She said trying to make a joke.

"And I had a feeling. I had you for three days. Then you were stolen in our sleep. But those three days I knew you were not going to be a little princess like everyone else. I knew you would want to do man things like fencing and such. And for some reason -mothers intuition- I had a feeling, I even said to myself "Watch Zedidya fall in love with this young man." and I am guessing that is why she is running after him now."

"He doesn't want to turn me. But, I won't be happy here. I will just be thinking about him everyday. He thinks I will get hurt but I will show him, I will defeat every vampire every mythical creature that steps in my way."

"After your display with the best guards I have ever seen. I believe you can."

"I will be back you know." I said tucking my hair into my robe.

"I know you will." She said kissing my forehead. I walked to the oh-so-common balcony and looked over at the hay stack underneath.

Here we go again Dimitri...

I'm coming.

I nodded to my mother before jumping off and landing in the hay stack. I quickly ran off into the woods. I knew which way I was going so I took off. It had to be about a three day battle, and I knew he would expect me coming.

I assure you Dimitri, when I get there, you are going to wish you just stayed with me here in Germany.

Let the Battle begin.