Wake

Her eyes started to flicker open as the nurse left the room. Taylor then opened her eyes to see drake asleep on the chair next to her, it looked like he had been here for days she thought. As she sat up, drake woke up. His eyes filled with relief that she was awake. He hugged her so tightly she could hardly breath but she never said anything, she'd missed his hugs.

"Where is everyone?"she asked so anxiously.

He felt so empty, so guilty knowing he had to explain to Taylor what happened.

"There outside, although your mam and dad are in New York they are coming to see you in a week."

"Do they know about us and the baby?"

"Yeah, your parents weren't too pleased"

She smiled at the thought of displeasing her parents, they knew nothing about her she hardly thought of them as parents just someone who financially supported her. She looked at drake who had that worried look in his eyes.

"There's no easy way to say this taylor so I'm just going to say it. You had a miscarriage, the doctors think it was due to the car flipping over."

She tried to hold the tears back but one ran down her face. Drake held her close, she cried into his chest as he held back his tears. He needed to be strong for Taylor, when inside he was breaking.

"It's my fault"

"Taylor, it isn't your fault. Don't think like that. I was the one who told you to get in the car, it was my fault."

"No drake it was me, I wasn't sure whether I wanted this baby. But then Gloria made me see all the great things about having it, now that I wanted it they took if from me...from us."

"Taylor, you were scared. I was scared. It's okay, everything is going to be okay."

"What happens now?"

"What do you mean?"

"What about us, drake? There is no reason for us to stay together. I lost the baby. I lost the reason we were together."

"Taylor that's not the reason we are together, it might be why we started being serious again but I am with you because your my girl. The reason we broke up, before we knew about the baby, was because of Grayson. I had no choice."

"Everyone has a choice Drake."

"I was protecting you."

"How?"

"I will tell you later once you have had a rest, your hurt and need to heal. I spoke too my mum and your still stronger and heal quicker like when you were..." Taylor interrupted him before he could finish his sentence.

"I wanted the baby drake."

"Me too, me too"

Drake got into the grubby hospital bed next to taylor, he wrapped his arms around her waist and they slowly fell asleep in each others arms.