"I think if we got married—" Tenten said, rolling on her side, "and had maybe one...two little brats running around....they should have your hair...and my eyes—"

   Deidara shook his head, eyes amused. "They should have your hair—it's truly beautiful," he wove his hands through it in admiration, "it reminds me of dirt."

   Tenten snorted, "Dirt? That's not very flattering..."

  "Hear me out, un—" Deidara looked faintly embarrassed, "dirt gives life to everything and has that rich, earthy smell—"

  "Shut up, Deidara, you clearly pulled that shit out of your ass—" Tenten rolled her eyes.

  Deidara didn't dignify it with a response. Instead, he changed the topic. "I think our children will be super powerful, un—being talented in exploding things and spreading art to the world while also having your kickass taijutsu and fuinjutsu skills—"

  Tenten let out a soft response of approval.

  "Hey, Tenten—" Deidara started, "Do you mind if I do your hair, un?"

   Tenten nodded, as she sat up in an upright position. Deidara parted her hair, his fingers skilled and dexterous as they wove and twisted the strands. When Tenten looked into the mirror, she saw the two buns on the side of her head, but with braids trailing down on either side. "Damn, you're good at hair," Tenten murmured as Deidara smirked.

  "How do you think I pull off this beauty, un?" He gestured towards his golden hair.

   "I thought it was a wig," Tenten said innocently as Deidara gained an irk mark on his forehead.

   "Fuck you, un."

   "You're forgetting that we already covered that part, Deidera," Tenten smirked as Deidara rolled his eyes.

   Moments like these were when Tenten felt happiness.

  But happiness never lasted.

  "Be careful," Tenten murmured as she watched Tobi and Deidara being assigned for a mission together as she was assigned with Kisame and Itachi.

  "I'll be fine, un—you're forgetting who you're talking to-" Deidara scoffed, but his expression softened a fraction when he saw her face. His hand reached over to take her's, fingers curling together.

  "I'll be back in a flash," Deidara smirked, "and then perhaps we can make some art together with a bang—"

   Tenten rolled her eyes, "Forget I even asked."

  People are always gone when you need them the most.

  Tenten stood at the grave without a corpse. Deidara.

  They said he blew himself up to become part of his art. 

  She felt the wind whip against her face. Her grandfather's grave was right next to his. Deidara's.

  "You asked me why I liked you," she murmured, her voice flitting in the wind, "I had no reason. I liked you because you were you, simple as that."

  She stayed silent for a moment before she turned away, her cloak flapping in the wind.

  "Rest in peace, and don't wait for me," she murmured before she burst chakra to her feet, jumping into the air.

  The next few years were nothing but bloodshed. Her weapons slaughtered hundreds throughout the war before she was caught in the middle. Her weapons failed her then. The katana snapped underneath the strength of the Rasengan and the Chidori was shoved into her chest cavity, her beating heart landing in the hand of Sasuke Uchiha, his Sharingan bloodred and merciless. When he ripped his hand out, Tenten fell to her knees before falling on the ground.