0. opening

kittens are hard to come by in hybrid homes. they're among the top 3 highest desired hybrids out of the 100+ different types. blue-eyed animals of any type are even harder to come along, so blue-eyed kittens are even higher on the list. it's highly rare for them to be rehoused since they're known to get attached quick, and trust people even quicker. 

which is why it's so hard to believe that a blue-eyed ragdoll kitten like sora had been rehomed 5 times. aged 20, she's still extremely young. hybrids are often adopted around the age of 18 for the first time, and usually, hybrids are never sent back until they've been in their home for 6 months at most. due to her appearance and the high demand for her species, sora was made an auction pet, only available through auctions. she'd been sold 5 times in the last two years - making enough to support every hybrid in her original home for 16 months alone. she'd been the one to make the most money during every auction. 

however, unlike most hybrids, sora always returned within the first two months of her adoption. the caretakers were shocked, unable to see exactly why she wasn't able to meet the expectations of her owners. unlike most rehomed hybrids, sora was still always ready to jump into the next auction, excited to see the next person that could be her forever person. 

this time was different. the auction was formal, where everyone must come dressed formally and be presented formally. sora loved dressing up, but every time they put her in something, her taste just never lined up with what they wished for her to wear. in the end, after an hour of trying to dress the kitten, they finally gave up and dragged a whole rack of dresses in, allowing the girl to choose her own. excitedly prancing over to the racks, the kitten's light ashy-brown colored hair bounced with each air light step, making each caretaker nervous that the work they'd put into styling it would be ruined. 

sora rushed them out, refusing to let them see what she tried on. they were nervous again after that. every dress on the rack was formal and perfect for the occasion, but they would always be worried when it came to sora. she'd find a way to make it a little less 'the way it was supposed to.' they had no choice now though, but to trust the kitten and hope that she'd be a little more responsible and trustworthy than before. 

the auction was slow, and sora paced around the waiting room with an unbelievable amount of worry and excitement. when the roar of applause from a purchase died down on the third hybrid, sora's name was finally called and she hurried to the front where she'd be escorted to the stage. "sora," soyeon, one of her favorite caretakers held onto her bicep as she walked the girl ahead. "please don't mess this up. it's not like the last ones. stay quiet and speak only when asked. you're at a high demand, but they still won't want you if you mess something up. good luck." with that, soyeon walked off as the voice of several males sounded around the auction room. 

the bidding started at $5,000. the caretakers knew that it would be an easy number to surpass, especially with their proudest possession. the numbers climbed fast, quickly entering thousands in the double digits, and then into the triple digits. by $500,000 the bidders grew impatient. it surpassed that, climbing by $100,000 dollars. finally, someone in the back shouted a number nobody quite expected ; "two million." the voices stopped and a couple gasps were heard. caretakers made eyecontact, waiting a couple seconds for any challengers to call out. finally after three seconds, they rang the small bell that signaled the end of her bidding. 

"sold. at the end of the auction, please come to the front desk to receive her." sora's eyes were shining, a smile on her lips as she returned to the waiting room. she received several looks from others; jealous, angry hybrids who only grew envious after every auctioning. she ignored that though, in disbelief as she walked to her small room. she only had a desk and a bed in there, with a computer on the desk. she took the laptop and placed it in her luggage carrier, then rummaged through the drawers for her favorite articles of clothing. 

if sora returned, she'd be needing the other clothes again. soyeon returned again to help her prepare in silence, before walking her to the front lobby. "wait here, sora. there's only two more. it can't be over an hour since they'll probably pass for cheap." soyeon gave her a hug and muttered a goodbye before walking back to the auction area. sora changed in the bathroom into a new outfit, then sat down on the chairs in the lobby. 

the hour passed fast as the kitten distracted herself while admiring the paintings that had been added to the lobby since her last adoption. finally, six men walked into the lobby alongside the home's operator, sora's eyes scanning them. none of them popped - except for a quiet, stone-faced man with the most stunning silver-blonde hair standing on the end of the line. minnie called off the hybrids and matched them with their owners, with sora's anxiety increasing each time somebody else left with someone that wasn't the pretty man.

finally, it was just he and sora. "sora, this is your new owner, min yoongi. he's a famous ceo in daegu. be good and listen to him, okay?" sora eagerly nodded her head and lept to her feet, eagerly hugging the male who'd only held out a hand to shake. "hi! i'm sora!"

"...yoongi."