...

"Farah!" A voice called, making the brunette sit up with a start. She looked around quickly, realizing she was in the maids quarters. She sighed, relieved. Looking at the person who called her name, she saw Selena. The woman bore sympathy in her eyes as she watched Farah.

"What happened?" Farah asked, fear swelling in her chest. Selena looked at her, trying to find a way to answer. She stayed quiet for a few moments before responding,

"The dream. You had a bad dream again, Farah." The young girl groaned, trying to cover up her comfort at the fact that none of it was real, but Selena could see through the facade. The older woman patted Farah's shoulder, nodding her head with understanding. "Why don't you go outside and get some fresh air?" The woman offered, and Farah nodded in response, glad to be able to get out.

She didn't bother to change at all, assuming no one would be up this late, and headed to the gardens. There she was usually able to process her thoughts while staring into the lovely pond that the royals owned. Sighing, tears finally beginning to form in Farah's eyes, but none dared to escape, making them glossy. She had had these dreams now for days, and wished that they would just stop. If it was a nightmare about a dragon or a cyclops Farah would be okay, knowing that none of those creatures were real; but this, this could actually happen, and that's what scared Farah the most.

The maid found herself caring for Caspian more than she knew she should. It made seeing him around Amara hurt and anger her. Amara was a spoiled child who cared nothing for others, and trying to pair her with Caspian was no good, for he was one of the most caring people she knew. He would do anything for his kingdom, even if it meant marrying a priss like her.

"Hey."

Farah jumped, hearing someone behind her. She quickly wiped away at her tears to try and make it seem like they were never there, but that was nearly impossible. She turned around, smiling, only to find Caspian behind her.

The hue of the night sky made his skin a appear with a hint of blue, his hazel eyes glimmering with worry. He, too, looked nervous and frightened about something, but Farah was too busy worrying that he would see her tears to notice.

Caspian looked down at her, watching as she said nothing. He blinked for a moment, noticing the fresh tears on her face. "Farah," he began, sitting down next to her; but she turned her head away from him.

"I'm fine," she reassured him, but it seemed that she was mostly reassuring herself. Her voice sounded clogged and strained from silent sobs, and it made Caspian feel as if he had done something wrong.

"No, you're not fine, what happened?" Caspian asked, placing a hand on her shoulder in a comforting manner. She only shuddered in response, shaking her head. The Prince frowned, his friend never acted like this, she had always been a bold and strong woman who made him believe she could do anything. Never in a million years would Caspian have expected that he would be comforting her.

"N-nothing," the maid said softly, staring at the ground, holding back tears that kept forming no matter how much she tried to keep them back. Farah wiped away another set of tears with her dirty maids outfit, trying to hide herself from Caspian. She suddenly felt his hand leave her shoulder, and blinked, turning her head around, ever so slightly.

She watched him for a moment, unable to say anything. Caspian seemed to understand, as he nodded to her. He gently moved his hand to her face and wiped a tear away with a sympathetic smile. Farah smiled back, though it wasn't her usual bright smile, it was a saddened one.

The young maid suddenly threw herself into the Princes arms, shaking as she buried her head into his chest. At her movements, Caspian's eyes widened in surprise, but he was suddenly filled with relief for no apparent reason. He almost felt glad that he was the one that Farah felt she could be herself around; not that she wasn't with anyone else. It just seemed she could rant to him, and cry with him, and joke with him without really worrying that he would judge her.

He hugged her back, placing his chin on the top of her head. They sat there like that for a few minutes before Farah pulled out of the hug, looking away, embarrassed.

"Sorry, Caspian, I-"

"What're you sorry about?" Caspian suddenly asked. "You don't need to apologize, I mean, you did nothing wrong."

"Cas, I shouldn't... I shouldn't be hugging the prince," Farah said bluntly, then adding, "who's engaged."

Caspian's face turned a cherry red, both with uneasiness and anger. "Farah, you know I don't want to be engaged with her."

"But you are, and I, therefore, have no right to-" she paused, "even be here with you right now." The maid stood up quickly in realization of all the trouble she could be in, but Caspian grabbed her arm, pulling her back down.

"Farah, I-" Caspian looked at her, the maid's eyes mesmerizing him for a moment as he forgot how to correctly process words. Caspian's hand remained attached to Farah's arm, making her cheeks flush.

"Cas?"

"Sorry," he shook his head. "I- uhm, I wanted to know if.... you wanted to go horseback riding?" Caspian asked, almost as if he was asking himself rather than her. He had wanted to say something else, but didn't seem to have the guts to say it; and Farah noticed. She furrowed her brow, curious as to what he had wanted to say, nodding.

"Sure."

Caspian laughed nervously, "lets uh, go, then," Caspian spoke, mentally slapping himself. Since when was he so awkward around his best friend? Maybe since that dream. He shuddered, Caspian hoped that he never had that dream again, for even after seeing it once he was extremely worried.

Farah nodded, standing. She noticed something was wrong with Caspian, but didn't want to force him to talk to her if he didn't want to. She knew he would tell her when he was ready. Farah forced a smile unto her lips, watching as the Prince stood also. The two then began to walk towards the stables,

disappearing into the darkness.