Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

He then took my hand and pulled me to the door. He knocked and dad answered the door. “Hey!” he called out, looking at both of us. He stopped when he saw me, “Wow,” he said, looking down at my stomach. “I know! It’s like she swallowed a tiny planet!” the Doctor said, cheerfully.

Mum came out shortly after and was extremely excited to see my growing stomach, but not so excited when she saw my outfit. “Do you have any real clothes?” she asked, looking over my outfit again. “She looks cool,” the Doctor said, pulling me to his chest. “She looks like you,” mum said, looking me over again. “And I look cool,” the Doctor said. This made mum laugh.

“How’s Lily?” Dad asked, turning to mum. “Lily? What’s wrong with Lily?” I asked, my face showing it’s concern. “It’s just guy problems,” mum said. “I’ll talk to her,” I volunteered. The slowly nodded at me, smiling a little. “Watch him though,” I said, meaning the Doctor. “Hey!” he called out, wrapping his arms tighter around me. I smiled before kissing him on the cheek and walking upstairs.

I knocked on Lily’s door before walking in. There sitting on her bed was my sixteen year old sister, crying. She looked up expecting mum but instead she saw me and the surprise showed on her face. “Violet?” she asked, her eyes moving down to my stomach. I sat down on the bed next to her. “Hey Lily,” I said, smiling at her.

She quickly wiped the tears from her eyes. “What are you doing here?” she asked. “I decided to come visit,” I said. “What’s wrong?” I asked, moving the subject on to her. “Stupid guys,” she said. I had no idea what to say because I was horrible when it came to the subject of guys but I would try. But before I could talk Lily spoke up, “How did you know the Doctor was your soul mate?” “Well, Time Lords have dreams about their soul mates. But how I really knew was when we were together I didn’t have to pretend to be anyone else. He liked me for me. He made me smile and laugh and feel feelings that I didn’t know existed,” I said, smiling at the end.

Lily looked up at me, “I want that,” she said, simply. “You’ll get that one day. I promise you. There is someone out there for everyone. You just have to keep your heart open,” I said, smiling. She smiled back at me.

“Now it’s my turn to ask a question,” I said. She looked at me, her eyes a little worried. “Why, when I came back, did you hate me so much?” I asked. Her eyes moved down to the floor. “Because. . .Violet I feel that you left me all those years ago,” she said, looking up at me, tears in her eyes. “Lily, I didn’t leave because I wanted to leave. I left because I’m a Time Lord. Time Lords travel, and I wanted to be with my soul mate,” I said, hoping she would take that answer as a good one.

“It had nothing to do with me?” she asked. “No Lily. I promise you that it had nothing to do with you,” I said, smiling at her. She then wrapped her arms around me, hugging me tightly. I smiled, hugging her back.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, looking at my face. “What do you mean ’what’s wrong?’” I asked. “I know something’s up Violet. You may be gone a lot but I can still read you,” she said, smiling. I smiled before I told her everything that had happened that morning. She nodded taking in all the information. “Well I have an idea,” she said, a smirk forming onto her lips.

I became scared as she took my hand and took me down stairs. “Lily where are you taking Violet?” mum asked. “Shopping,” she said, pulling me out the door. “Why are we going shopping?” I asked. “We’re having our family pool party and I have an idea,” she said, getting in the drivers seat. “You can drive?” I asked, sitting in the front seat. “Yep,” she said, turning the car on.

After Lily and I spent the afternoon shopping and laughing we returned home to find a note saying that mum and dad took the Doctor to my uncle’s for the party and to meet them there. “You sure about this?” I asked, looking into the bag. “Yes Violet. I know it’s not much but it will remind the Doctor that even though you’re pregnant, you’re still sexy,” she said, her smile shining. I nodded, deciding to trust her. “Now go get changed and we’ll leave,” she said, walking into her room to change.