Maya

Did daddy just say what I think he just said. I replay it in my head one more time "Maya you are going to be a big sister." "Ummm, mom what does daddy mean?" "Like he said next year around may you will have a younger sibling. Is that ok you're not upset about that are you?" A weird not Maya like giggle escapes me and the looks I get from may family is one of "she finally has lost it." I look at my mom and dad "It's about time I got some siblings. I mean it's been 5years since you got married and adopted me dad what was the wait for." Everyone busts out laughing and I smile I'm glad Shawn gets to experience it from the start. We really have a weird family is all I can think.

Later after all the announcements Smackle comes up to me saying "thank you for what you did the day the twins were born but might I ask why did you guys do it?" " Smackle, when you came to us that day to talk, Josh and I wanted nothing more then for you to feel apart of this with us like everyone else. We felt the need to boost it even more by giving you that honor." Is all I say. In the next second I was being squeezed in my first Smackle hug.

Three weeks later
Classes have been going good, Josh has been applying to hospitals for residency, and mom is having one baby due may 19th I can't wait. This year has gone by quick now if only Josh would ask me to marry him.