Chapter 2

Chapter 2

            “الحصولعلىمايصلالآن!”

            I sat bolt upright and looked around. I could hear people yelling something. Then Landin’s voice rang out. “I don’t understand you.” He said. I got up and stalked to the door. I peered around the corner and saw on guy standing outside the door.

            “سوفأقتلك!” The same voice said.

            I took aim on the guy outside the door. I squeezed the trigger and he dropped to the ground. There was some yelling from inside the room and a gunshot. I ran down the hallway and turned into the room. One guy was dead on the ground and the other was in Landin’s headlock. He swung his pistol towards me.

            “Whoa it’s me!” I said raising my hands.

            “Hey Sam I got us some ammo.” He said with a smirk.

            He snapped theTMC soldier’s neck and stood up. “Well now that we’re awake, let’s get walking.” He said. I picked up an AK47 from one of the fallen and we headed out the door. How could Landin be so normal about how he almost died? I pushed the thought aside and hopped over a charred car.

            We left the building and walked on the road for a while. The buildings were collapsing in on themselves and most cars had been blown up. If anyone saw us they would run inside their homes. If the TMC was around, they weren’t showing themselves. We walked close to the houses and passed through side roads.

            “It’s so quiet.” I said breaking the silence.

            “Would you like the sounds of guns discharging instead?” Landin asked.

            “Touché.”

              “We’re not very far through the city yet.”

            “I know, it’s going to be a long walk.”

            “Wait hold on.”

            Landin crouched down and put his back to the wall. I was about to ask what it was when bullets slammed into the wall around me. Landin fired a few shots and ran into an alley. I followed not looking back.

            “Let’s go! Climb the building.” Landin yelled.

            We raced up the side of the house on windows and pipes sticking out of the wall. I looked down to see men run into the alley. I pulled out my pistol and shot at them. I clipped one in the leg bringing him to his knees. The others shot randomly in the air.  Landin got up and reached out a hand.

            “Grab it!” He yelled.

            I reached out a got hold of him. There was an explosion on the lower part of the house. They had rockets! I scrambled up and ran across the roof after Landin. As we reached the end and got ready to jump I heard a sound like a fire starting on a stove. Then I felt myself leave the ground. I fell down between the houses we were on. My body was slamming into every pipe and awning. I felt the ground hit my back then my vision went black.