37. Reunite

🖤

They were all lucky to have made it out alive. Iker along with Malachi and Cormac was the first to meet back at the meeting grounds before Rhys. It gave Iker a few spare minutes to fill Cormac in on all that's happened in his absence. Of course Iker had left out the fact that his mother Queen Zelda was alive and that Phoenix was of royalty. He thought he should hear such important news from them and not him.

Iker got to know that the man in the cell was also Arabella's father. He thought he was pass the stage of being shocked, but the news still shocked him. "How is he doing?" Cormac asked after they exchange abundant of information. He felt so useless not being there for Phoenix during such a time. He was equally as angry about what had happened, putting all the blame on his shoulders for allowing so much people to die.

Cormac now knew what King Rhett had meant. He had laid his trap when Cormac was stupid enough to leave. If only he had been there. "He's definitely hurting but he's trying to remain calm in the situation." Iker admitted.

Rhys arrived in time, a smug look on his face but he seemed equally unsatisfied. He eyed the two beside Iker, knowing there would be one but ended up with two. "I thought we came for one and ended up with two."

"Should I have left Malachi?" Iker said, moving over from Prince Rhys and ended up closer to Cormac which made Rhys frown.

It took a second for him to realize what Iker had said. "This just got rather interesting." He said looking over at the now scrawny Malachi.

Cormac went pale ad he realized who this Prince Rhys was. It was no doubt the guy that had stopped him when he first left the castle and also the guy that was with Phoenix. A surge of jealous rose in him as he looked at Prince Rhys, making it all the more reason he should go where Phoenix is. A sudden overwhelming urge had taken him over to hug and kiss the boy, keeping him wrapped in his arms.

"Shall we get going."

🖤

Phoenix stood on the balcony and overlook the town. He looked at Area fifteen wondering if everyone was okay. Maybe it was a better option of bringing them along than having them stay after what had happened. All he was doing was worrying about them. Zelda said they would be okay, Phoenix had believed her. Deep down, he was swimming in his own anxiety.

He then proceeded to look at the castle. Iker and Rhys had been gone for sometime. He'd long to see Cormac, hoping he was okay and that they would leave unscarred. Phoenix knew at this point what he had to do, yet, he felt like he didn't. Everything was in the palm of his hands, but nothing was in his grasp. A heavy sigh filled with emotions left his lips.

"Cormac is a lot stronger than you think," Phoenix turned to see Ximera joining him on the balcony. She had arrived just as Iker and Rhys had left. Phoenix had briefly told her about what had happened when she asked about Cormac.

"I know that. I can't help but be overthrown with all these emotions." Ximera had heard the emotional stress in his voice. They had become friends over the short time. Ximera didn't know a lot about Phoenix, yet she saw no reason not to extend her hand.

"There's no need to think. Just do what you think is right." Ximera said. "My father hadn't expected an invitation from Seridina much less Aperia. From what I've come to know, I'm sure there's a lot more to it. Why else would Queen Zelda invite all the Kings from all the Kingdoms."

"Everything is resting on my shoulders Ximera. I have to make things right. I've messed things up and cost the lives of many." Rocco's lifeless body flashed through his mind. "This is what I've always wanted to do. Now, I don't think I'm able to."