Chapter 5

(Yeah some of my chapters are pretty short.)

Chapter 5: Recruits

A knock on my door interrupted me from getting dressed.

"Regan." I heard a voice that sounded like Fury's.

"Romanoff and Coulson should be back soon with Banner and Rogers. Be out on the landing strip in 10." I heard his footsteps walking away as I continued to get dressed.

I had gotten dressed right away in my normal black uniform, which was a kind of a catsuit. It was mostly Kevlar and leather, with a belt around my waist with a gun and holster. It actually resembled Fury's uniforms a bit, without the big black cape thingy.

I also wore black, lace up boots, which, much to my discomfort, had wedge heels on them. I had never really understood why S.H.I.E.L.D insisted on giving the woman agents heels, but I already had a different uniform than everyone else, so I decided not to push it.

I had just finished putting my long, brown hair into a braid, and it had now been around 10 minutes, so I decided to head out to the landing dock. As I was about halfway to my destination, I was shook a little bit by what seemed to be the Hellicarrier taking off.

'Oh shit!!' I whispered to myself as I ran down the hallways as fast as I could on these goddamn heels. The sky was visible through all of the big windows as I neared the conference/control room. I slowed down to a walk and gained my composure before making my entrance.

I looked around and saw pretty much the same thing as always. The one exception was two men, one tall with blonde hair, obviously Cap, and one shorter, but still tall, brunette, walking and talking with Natasha, Fury and Coulson.

I stood there for a few seconds before Fury looked over to me with his lips pursed.

"Nice of you to show up, Agent Regan." He said sarcastically.

I winced, as his comment made everyone look over to me. I now saw that the brunette man was Dr. Banner. I knew this from studying his file the days before now.

I could see all the shorter pieces of hair falling out of my braid, down by my ears and over my face from all the running and I knew that I probably looked like a mess.

"Sorry sir." I apologized and I could feel the heat on my face and neck under the stares of all 5 people.

Natasha, being the nice friend that she is, broke herself away from one of the computer screens and smiled at me. She first walked over to Cap.

"You two are previously acquainted."

"Yeah." I replied. "He owes me 10 dollars." I said with a smirk. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a 10 dollar bill, and handed it to me. I took it and turned to Natasha with a satisfied smile.

"Okay." She chuckled a bit. "And this is Dr. Bruce Banner. Dr. Banner, Agent Athena Regan." She introduced me and Bruce Banner, and then we shook hands.

"It's nice to meet you, Doctor." I said with a smile.

"You too." He returned my smile as we both let go.

"So where's our friend Loki now?" I said so everyone could hear. I then walked over to the computer where Nat was looking at Clint's file.

I heard things about wireless cameras and gamma rays, but I wasn't really listening. I was too caught up in viewing the details of that one night at the base, and where Clint was now.

Natasha gave me a smile before following her orders, from Fury, to take Dr. Banner to the lab. Being without a friend now, I walked over to where Coulson and Captain Rogers were leaning against one of the rails.

I stood there in silence as Coulson again proved that he was even a bigger fangirl than me.

Suddenly, Agent Sitwell yelled that a match was found. A match for Loki. In Germany. I stood up and looked right towards Fury. He looked between me and Captain Rogers. Oh no. Is he really gonna-

"Captain, Agent, you're up."

Yes, you will learn very quickly that I put quite a few pictures on the side for this Fic. This is mainly because they helped me write, so maybe they'll help you visualize things and see what I meant (because I'm not very good at explaining things). The picture on the side is (how I envisioned) Athena's S.H.I.E.L.D uniform/suit thingy.