The Good Book (Anna)

WOOT!  How am *I* for a terrible uploader??? I flipping suck!  Haha well I hope this is worth your wait.  It's short.  But VERY sweet<3 Enjoy

________________

                (Anna) Things only just got serious for you then?

(Jay) Yeah… Why?

(Anna) Oh… No reason.  It’s just… I was serious from the moment we started.

(Jay) You didn’t even remember we had the bet!

(Anna) I was just kidding around!

(Jay) Of course you were… Just tell your part.

(Anna) Don’t worry.  I will.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“…believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself-”

“Whatcha reading, Eyes?”  The familiar voice (and not to mention nickname), shakes me out of my reading trance.  I had just finished a passage in the third chapter of The Great Gatsby, which so far has captivated me completely.  I can totally tell why Warren likes it so much.

The Great Gatsby,” I say honestly.  What’s the point in lying if he can quite obviously see the cover?

“Really?”  He asks, his eyes widening with excitement as he pulls up a chair to my otherwise empty library table.

“Yeah, Mrs. Burns told me it was a great read and suggested I read it.”

“Wait, so you have Mrs. Burns, too?”  I nod nervously in reply.  “I have her too!  Well obviously… I mean, because I just said… And…”

“I get it,” I laugh.  I wonder why he’s acting so nervous?

“Right,” he chuckles.  “So you’re taking AP Language and Composition?”

“Yep,” I smile.

“I am too.”

“Yeah,” I giggle.  “I got that.”

He gives me a “What Can Ya Do?” smile.  “You’re Anna, right?”

“Yep!  I’m Anna Flint to be exact.”

Warren laughs and holds out a hand, which I shake.  “I’m Warren.  Warren McColl.”

“Nice to meet you, Warren McColl.”

“So The Great Gatsby, huh?  That’s my favorite book.”

“Really?  This is my first time reading it, but so far it’s amazing.”

“I find the descriptions capture the complete essence of the characters.  It’s almost like Fitzgerald was giving the reader a look into the real soul of the character.  Know what I mean?”  His eyes have me so mesmerized, that I don’t answer.  I mean, I’ve heard everything he just said and all, but the way he just got lost in his love for this book, had me hooked.  “Umm, Anna?”

“What?  Oh, yeah, right.  I definitely agree… Like with Gatsby’s smile…”  We launch into an intense conversation about the meaning of the book and other classic.  All of a sudden, the bell for first period rings.  I abruptly stop the conversation and look questioningly at Warren.  “Shouldn’t you be in class?”  I ask.

He looks at me sheepishly.  “I have a study hall.”

“Me too!  I mean obviously, because otherwise… You know, I’d be and… Yeah.”