Chapter 4

Affinity

CHAPTER 4

Sumakay na ako wearing the helmet. We drove back home pero hanggang kanto lang ako, I don't want to think my parents  that I have a boyfriend.

"Thanks! I'll see you at school tomorrow" I waved at him at naglakad na ako papuntang bahay. From afar I'm already seeing 3 cars that's why I walked faster tapos nakita kong may lumalabas na lalake from the drivers seat then as soon as I approached I noticed that was one of my Daddy's goons.

"Good Evening" Bati nito sa akin and I just smiled. Pumasok na ako ng bahay at tama nga dahil sa labas namin there were big guys eating and just smiling at me. So Dad's here? When I entered the living room may mga tao din doon and exactly Yaya Irene was getting out of the kitchen with a tray on her hands may mga juice ito.

"Hinahanap ka ni Sir" Sabi niya and I hanged my bag at the hanger rack tapos dumiretso sa kusina where also our dining area located. They were on their uniforms tapos may nakaupo sa kabisera mukhang kagalang galang.

Pinakilala niya ako dito at napag kaalaman kong he's a lieutenant general then at the same time a judge. Paano nangyari yun? Although half of me was quite rejoicing inside because he's a judge.

"Where are you going ija?" General asked and I smiled.

"I'll just go upstairs, I don't want to interrupt a conversation" Malaking galang kong sabi dahil baka pag babarilin ako nito kung maging bastos pa ako.

"No, it's fine. You stay" He smiled at naupo ako across my Dad because it's the only available seat at may mga kagalang galang pa na nakaupo sa dining table. They were looking at me like I was a newborn baby.

"Oh General, she's planning to take up Political Science. Kaya her mom and I talked about sending her to a Law School" Sabi ni Dad, and everyone's faces were in awe

"Wow I'm sure your daughter isn't just beautiful but a smart too" Said the General.

"Don't you let her join to some pageants?" Someone asked and my Dad laughed.

"She's not willing" Dad chuckled. "Oh yeah. I'm sort of proud of her, because among my children's she's always the one on top. She's running a valedictorian this March" Dad were obviously proud. At parang gusto kong maiyak, ngayon ko lang kasi 'to naririnig mula sa kanya. But of course I'm fighting my tears back

Ever since then he wasn't able to attend any recognitions or even my graduation during my elementary because he was busy saving other people's lives for short the whole country. Meron lang isa, when I was a grade 1 at di ko pa maalala iyon.

"I guess marami nang nanliligaw dito sa anak mo" I heard a female voice. At hinanap ko ito and I saw a beautiful lady na naka soldier hat only to find out her right arm is clinging to Lieutenant idk basta I know him. So this is his wife? She's so beautiful even the forehead lines is visible.

I quickly shook my head, this is a very hot topic for me.

"As long as she's focus on her studies. It doesn't bother me" Sabi ni Dad. "Pero dadating muna siya sa mga kamay ko" He chuckled and that's what I love about Dad he maybe a lieutenant colonel, yeah he's strict sometimes but he's lovable but the only thing you can't get is his fully attention.

Nagtawanan sila doon and they're asking me a bunch of questions too which I just respond on. I wanted to get up so bad but I don't want to be rude with our visitors.

"I am so sorry" Rinig namin coming from the doorway and there I saw Mom, smiling at everyone. They all stood up except for me and they gave each other a greetings and hug. And that's my cue, I excused myself habang busy sila and thumped myself on bed nang makarating ako sa kwarto.