Part 9: Sand and Sparkles

(A/N: I haven't done anything naughty for a few chapters, so I put a little smut in this one.)

~~~Your POV~~~

    A month after the accident, I was finally up, about and feeling like a human again. It had been nice to have Josh wait on me hand and foot, but I was more independent than that. He convinced me that a beach trip with the group would help lift my spirits, and I was in no position to argue. I packed a picnic lunch for the seven of us and put my swimsuit on. It was a two-piece (F/c) suit that had a tank top and swim shorts. I was grateful for that, since my surgeries had left some pretty visible scars on my midsection.

    "Damn, girl, maybe the beach is a bad idea. I'll be fighting them all off of you." Josh grinned at me from the doorway and walked up behind me. He'd put his suit on as well and was shirtless. His arms wrapped around my waist and I leaned back against him.

    "Ha ha, Josh. Come on...no one's coming after this." I lifted up the top to show the scars that would remind me of how close I was to death, and him how scared he'd been to lose me.

    Josh spun me around and grabbed my face, resting his forehead on mine. "Listen, (Y/n). You are beautiful. Scars, or no scars. I'm grateful to have you in my life." He leaned down and kissed me softly. Soft didn't last long though. I curled my fists against his chest and deepened the kiss. He held my face to his, rubbing his thumbs along my cheeks as he sought entrance with his tongue. I permitted, moaning softly.

    I pulled away for a moment and smiled at him. "You know, we don't have to be at the beach for an hour or so," I wrapped my arms around his neck, "maybe we can make up for some lost time." I played with the hair at the nape of his neck and pulled him down for another kiss. His fingers traced the hem of my bathing suit top, giving me goosebumps. He guided me backward to the bed and gently pushed me down when I felt the mattress hit the backs of my knees. He lifted the top and began kissing my scars. It was slightly embarrassing, but sweet as hell. Sliding his hands down, he pulled my shorts off.

    "Hmm...it's been a while...how much have you missed me, (Y/n)?" His fingers slipped between my lower lips and rubbed my clit gently. My breath caught and I let out a whimper. He moved up and kissed my neck and cleavage as he continued rubbing. When he slipped a finger inside me, he looked up at me with a grin. "Guess you've been suffering as much as I have this past month. You're already wet as hell for me."

    I looked at his hazel eyes, darkened with lust that matched my own. "Josh...I want you now. Don't tease me please."

    That was all the encouragement he seemed to need. He stood up and took off his trunks. Climbing over me, he gently slid inside me. We both groaned with pleasure. He moved slowly at first, to be sure I was comfortable. I grabbed his arm, signaling him to move faster. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed being with him until that moment. I wrapped my legs around his waist, angling his thrusts right where I wanted them. He called my name, like a prayer, and I moaned in response. "Josh...I love you so much. You feel so good."

    Josh bent down to kiss me passionately. I grabbed his shoulders, digging my nails into them. I could feel my release coming soon, and his couldn't be too far behind. He started pounding furiously into me, knowing it would take me over the edge. I came with a loud moan, and my release triggered his. With a few more thrusts, he gave in and fell on top of me, spent. I laughed a bit as he left gentle kisses on my collarbone before pulling away and standing up.

    "Feel better, (Y/n)?" He laughed as he replaced his swim trunks.

    "So much better." I put my swim shorts back on and kissed his cheek before grabbing our towels to pack for the beach.

    When we got to our usual spot at the beach, the crew were already there. Mike and Matt were throwing a football near the water. Emily and Jess were sitting on their towels, gossiping about something or other. Chris and Ashley were setting up their beach umbrella and towels. Josh and I walked up to them and waved.

    "Hey, porn stars!" Josh called out to them, eliciting an eyeroll from me. They waved in turn and I set the picnic cooler and our towels next to where Ashley had put theirs.

    "Nice of you guys to show up," Em hollered, laughing. "You guys are off 69'ing each other and we're here waiting on you."

    I ignored her comment and looked around, realizing we were missing one. "Where's Sam?"

    Jessica shrugged. "She sent me a text that she was running a little late. Something about crappy LA traffic. I told her she should have taken the freeway."

    I pulled out my phone and sent Sam a text. 'You coming?'

    'Yeah, I got stuck in traffic. It's insane today.'

    'Ok. We're at our spot. I brought you veggie burgers.'

    'That's why I love you. See you soon.'

    I put my phone away and looked at the vacant volleyball court a few yards from us. "Hey guys, how about we play a quick game while we wait for Sam?"

    Everyone joined in, some more reluctantly than others. Girls versus boys. After several rounds of Matt cussing at the ball for not going where he wanted it, Jess adjusting her bikini top to distract Mike and making him drop the ball, and Emily whining about it being too hot to move, we quit playing and went back to our towels. Sam arrived shortly after and we started grilling on the beach with the small grill Josh and I had picked up.

    This was exactly what I'd needed. A day of fun with my friends and Josh was just what the doctor ordered.

    Once we'd digested, I decided I wanted to take a swim, so Josh came with me. I didn't realize until it was too late that he'd grabbed my waist and carried me into the ocean, tossing me into the warm water. I came up with a gasp and grabbed him, pulling him down into the water as well. We played in the water for a while longer, then decided it was time to call it a night.

    I packed up our picnic stuff and we said our goodbyes to everyone else, ready to go home. Josh took my hand and pulled me close, kissing my nose. "Wait...before we go..."

    He walked over to Sam, who handed him a small box from her hoodie pocket. He came over and dropped to a knee in front of me. He opened the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. Ashley practically smacked Chris with excitement and Emily gave Matt a look that said something like "I want that".

    Josh took my hand. "(Y/n). You are the most incredible thing to happen to me. You were there for me when I lost my sisters. You were there to stop me from doing some...horrible things. You've stood by me through all of this over the last year and a half, and the past seven months have been the best of my life. When I almost lost you last month, it made me realize that I really can't live without you. You are, by far, the match to my crazy. Would you please marry me?"

    I couldn't breathe, let alone speak. My tears started falling and all I could do was nod. He slipped the ring on my finger and stood up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

    Sam came over to hug me. "That was actually why I was late. Josh had asked me to pick up the ring for him so you wouldn't know what he was planning. He really is a trickster." I laughed and hugged her again.

    "I'm just so happy that you guys were all here to share this moment with us." I looked at everyone and gave hugs as I grabbed our stuff to head home.

    "Hey, guys," Josh chimed in. "This calls for a celebration. I think we have champagne at the house, how about we all go back there and party?"

    Everyone cheered in agreement and we did exactly that.