Chapter 33: Ouryuu

"The four dragon warriors?" Zeno asked the yellow dragon. The dragon glanced at me suspisciously, but did decided to ignore me.

Instead, he addressed Zeno's concerns. "Yes, I want you to be one of them."

Zeno considered for a bit, then replied saying, "I am neither a heroic figure nor a veteran. I cannot become something like a warrior. But, even if it's someone like me... This world... Everyone... If I can make them just a little bit happier then... I will drink it."

Zeno, you are taking a step to move on. I thought as the dragon gave him a cup of his blood to Zeno. Even though I love this selfless side to you, why won't you wish for your own happiness as well? That's what I dislike about you. Can I make you happy in this life?

After Zeno drank it, the dragon disappeared and Zeno smiled to me. "This is right, right?"

I forced a smile and nodded. He seemed reassured after seeing my reaction and looked up to the sky. "Ash, I feel odd... it feels like someone is calling out to me..." Zeno muttered. I knew what was happening. It was the blood, it wants to go to Hiryuu.

"Do you want to go to where it's calling you, Zeno?" I asked.

"... Yes." He muttered softly.

I gaze at my beloved with sadness and sighed. "Zeno, I think you should go, but whatever your decision is, I will follow it with you." I told him with a heavy heart. He suddenly wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder. "You will go with me? You won't leave me?"

It's not like I can leave him since I am already dead, but I might have to leave him so he can meet the 'alive' me in this timeline. I felt a little guilty lying, but this is for his own good, "Yeah, I won't leave you. I am here for you Zeno."

+++

"Are you sure we are going the right way Zeno?" I asked for the umpteen time. We had been walking for days with breaks in between to Hiryuu. We had no idea how to go to Hiryuu's castle and have been asking for directions and relying on Zeno's 'sense'.

Zeno nodded and said, "I feel it, I am getting closer." I sighed at his answer. That's what you have been saying for the past few days... I wanted to say it out loud, but my fatigue of saying the same thing was getting the better of me. Zeno looked back with a worried expression and asked "Sorry are you getting tired?"

I shook my head. I am dead, I did not exactly have what they call 'energy' or 'stamina' so I could go on forever without feeling tired. Zeno looked at me unconvinced, but did not question it and continue walking forward. The only thing making me tired was his indifference, but I could not blame him for it. He was in a hurry and the blood was making him selfish for once. He still showed pity and that is a form of care too. Once we reach Hiryuu's Castle everything will be better.

"Ash, I think I see it!" Zeno exclaimed and started to run without a cue.

"H-hey Zeno!" I shouted after and ran after him. As he got closer to the castle, I could see his excitement growing. Then he got stopped by some guards.

"Hey you! Stop now!" On cue, Zeno stopped in front of them and I followed.

"What business do you have here?" The guard questioned.

"Um, I am Zeno, I am looking for King Hiryuu. I am well," Zeno replied. 

"Ouryuu." Another voice was heard from close by. To our right, was a man with red hair. The same as in the legends I have heard. Hiryuu.

"King Hiryuu you shouldn't be here!" The guard said in a panick. "What if there were assassins nearby?"

Hiryuu laughed and replied, "No worries, after all my friend is here." Then he noticed me standing behind Zeno. "Oh, are you his friend? Well, any friend of Ouryuu is a friend of mine."

I bowed and greeted. "Hello King Hiryuu. I am Ashurin, I am Zeno's friend."

"Well, come on into the castle, everyone is waiting for you Zeno," Hiryuu said to Zeno and Zeno smiled happily as if everything was better for him. I was happy that he was happy, but maybe it was because his happiness was so easily earned with just a simple meeting of Hiryuu that made me jealous. Perhaps, this life of mine would not be able to make Zeno happy after all, they one he falls in love with is Kaya, not Ashurin. 

Yet, it was already too late for me to back out now.

A/N: I watched an amv of Zeno and got inspired to write even though my exam is tomorrow. Now its 12.33am and I am gonna continue studying. Bye