Chapter 2 Why

Tyler pushes them out of school by a side door where he has his truck parked. He forces them into the passenger side of the truck. He gets in the truck and starts it. As soon as the school is out of sight, Tyler takes his mask off. "Surprised?" he asks.

Ruby shakes her head. "Use your words."

"No, I know your voice."

"Hmm... and you Scott?"

"I'd be an idiot not to recognize my own brother." He tells Tyler.

"Then why didn't you say anything?"

"You probably would have shot someone, like when you did when the teacher tried to say something." He explains.

"True, true." Tyler says.

"What are you doing?"

Tyler smirks. "Oh, you'll see."

"Where are you taking us?"

"You'll see that too."

"You better be taking us home. This better be some sick, sick joke."

"Do you really think this is some joke Scott?"

Scott sits back in his seat. He looks down at his lap. He's terrified of what's going on. Tyler and his parents had fought the night before and he had stormed off. Scott didn't think that this would be the result of that. "Is this because of what happened last night?" Scott asks.

"No, it doesn't." Tyler answers him honestly. Tyler looks over at Ruby. "You've been pretty quiet." He tells her. She looks at him, but still stays silent. "Nothing?" she looks down at her hands. "I know you can talk Ruby."

"I- I don't know what to say." She tells him.

"I'm sure that you can come up with something." She looks down at her hands again. "Ruby..." he says in a warning tone.

"Leave her alone." Scott says.

"Stay out of is Scott."

"No, why did you take her, or either of us?"

"Oh, you'll see."

"Tell me."

"No."

"But-"

"Shut up."

Scott once again sits back in his seat. This is slowly turning into a nightmare. Ruby looks out the window wondering how all of this happened. All she did was go to class. She contemplated staying home today, since she didn't feel so good. She should have just stayed home.

~#~

After a while they pulled into a grave lot with one other vehicle in it. Another truck. Tyler pulls up to the other and turns off the one that they're in. They both watch as Tyler gets out. "What's he doing?" Ruby asks.

"I don't know." Scott says as they watch around the truck to her side. He opens both of their doors and pulls out his gun.

"Out." He says motioning with his gun. They both do as they're told. Tyler grabs Scott and takes him over to the other truck, opens the door, and shoves him in the back. Ruby follows.

Tyler puts the gun in the pocket of the door and pulls out handcuffs. Scott looks over Tyler's shoulder and meets the eyes with Ruby and nods. She nods back.

As Tyler puts the cuffs on Scott knees him where the sun doesn't shine. "Run, Ruby!"

She turns and takes off with Scott hot on her heels. Even with his handcuffs, he out runs Ruby. Neither of them turn around to see of Tyler was following them. He was, he wasn't going to let them get away.

It doesn't take long for Tyler to catch up to Ruby. She cries out as Tyler grabs her arm and throws her to the ground. "Stop Scott!" Tyler yells standing over Ruby. Having heard Ruby calls out, he stops and turns around.

Tyler takes his gun and shoves it into Ruby's mouth. She tries to get away, but Tyler keeps her in place. "Come on Scott, or I'll choke her." Scott looks away and looks back, causing Tyler to shove the gun in Ruby's mouth, causing her to gag.

Scott comes back and stands next to Tyler, but Tyler doesn't stop. Ruby gags and tries to cough, but struggles. "Stop, I'm here." Scott says grabbing his arm the best he can.

Tyler stops and pulls the gun out of her mouth. She starts coughing right away. Tyler pulls her up and pats her back. "Don't try that again." Tyler says guiding them back to the truck, Ruby keeps coughing. "Go sit in the front seat. I'll shoot him if you don't."

Ruby nod and goes over to the other side of the truck.

Closing the door on Scott, Tyler notices Ruby getting out of the truck. He runs over, thinking that she is trying to run off. He stops seeing that she's on the ground, puking.

He grabs water out of the truck and waits until she sits up. "Come on." He says helping her up into the truck. "Drink this, it's just water." He says holding the bottle up to her lips. She drinks it and Tyler puts it down.

He cuffs her hands together, and then shuts the door. In the time it takes him to move, Scott speaks up. "Are you okay?" he asks.

"No, I'm not." She tells him, right before Tyler gets in. Scott sits back and looks at the handcuffs around his wrists. How deep into all of this are they, and how deep is his brother going to take this?

Tyler keeps quiet this time. Ruby falls asleep pretty quickly. He figured she would after puking. After a while Tyler puts on classical music, knowing that it would put Scott to sleep. Scott realizes this and knows what Tyler is trying to do. "What are you going to do with us?"

"Just sit back and relax." Tyler tells him. Scott leans back as he knows that his brother isn't going to answer him. Scott ends up falling asleep as despite his best attempt to stay awake.