The Terror Strikes Again

"Thanks again, Reginald..." I smiled, finishing up my soup. "No problem, here's that ginger ale you wanted," replied Bushroot, handing me the bottle.

"Thank you," I smiled, taking a sip. "O-oh, it was nothing really," he replied, blushing modestly. "But uh, I-I think we should be on our way soon,"

"Really why?"

"Because we have to check out of the motel today."

"Today??" I blinked. "But you're kind of not feeling well, and I can't carry you all the way to the pier." Frowned Reginald. "Maybe Spike can carry me over while you turn the room key in." I suggested.

"But then you'll be away from me," whined Bushroot with a pout. "But I'll be at the pier waiting for you," I explained. He gripped me into a hug. "Do we have to?"

"Yes,"

"Oh, okay..." He sighed. "You'll be safe?" "Yes, I'll be safe, I'll have Spike with me." I rolled my eyes playfully.

Spike poked his head over the window, tapping the glass. "Ah, perfect timing!" Chuckled Reginald, letting him in. Ain't he a sight for sore eyes? "Take Nellie to the pier, and make it quick!" He instructed.

Spike panted, nodding in response as he picked me up. Yipes! He sure is stronger than he looks! I thought, clinging to the, uh, flytrap.

No sooner had Spike and I made it to Main St, we were met with a familiar blue smoke cloud.

"I am the terror that flaps in the night!"

Here we go...

"I am the thorn of justice in the side of evil!"

He could really use a shorter intro...

"I am the air in your chip bag!"

Huh?

"I am Darkwing Duck!" The masked mallard appeared before me. Spike shook and whimpered like a frightened pup, and made a mad dash to the sewer, dropping me. "D'oh! Spike!" I whined, rubbing my backside.

"Well, that was easier than I thought." Blinked Darkwing. "Uh, no need to thank me, citizen, for I- hey, you're the coffee lady I'm looking for!" He exclaimed. "Nellie. We met the other night when you were following-"

"Bushroot might be nearby! Stay behind me, you're safe as long as Darkwing Duck is around." He stated with a swish of his cape. "But Darkwing-" "Tut, tut, no applause, Miss Thurston, but I'm afraid you're gonna have to come back with me." The Thunderquack made a landing in the middle of the street.

"Hey, nice work, DW! You rescued the nice coffee lady!" Grinned Launchpad. Ooh, Reginald is gonna be really, really mad when he finds out I'm missing...I thought with a gulp.

"Uh, say, DW, she looks tense."

"She's just in shock from being in the company of a dangerous supervillain, is all."

"Aw, gee, the poor girl..." Frowned Launchpad, rubbing my back. "Its okay, you don't have to be afraid of us," I nodded, turning my head to look out the window.

"Back to Headquarters!" Instructed Darkwing. "Isn't it way past Gosalyn's bedtime?" Questioned Launchpad. "Oh, no, I forgot!" Cried Darkwing fearfully. "Step on it! She'll stay with my friend, Drake!"

So Darkwing Duck lives somewhere in the suburbs? Nice cover, if I had to say so. I thought as the Thunderquack rolled onto a driveway. "Right this way, ma'am," Launchpad helped me down, "thanks," I replied, looking up at the house. I could hear the Thunderquack taking off behind me.

"Gos, I'm home! And DW rescued the coffee lady!" Called Launchpad. "Keen gear!" Replied Gosalyn, bouncing off the chair and running over to greet me. "Hey, I saw you at Hamburger Hippo!" She remembered. "Hi, there," I waved, putting on a smile.

"Gosalyn Mallard, it's so past your bedtime, young lady!" Reminded Drake, coming downstairs. "Oh! Hello, you must be Nellie. Darkwing told me you'd be staying here." I guess I have to. I thought. "Yeah, he saved me...." I replied, adjusting my sleeve. Reginald was probably at the pier right now. I wonder if he's yelling at Spike for losing me. Most likely.

"Well, make yourself at home, we have food in the kitchen, water in the fridge, bathrooms upstairs and downstairs, you need anything, just ask." He replied hospitably. "Thank you.... I'll be sure," I replied, flashing a polite smile. Ohh, I have a bad feeling about this...I thought.