I can break after all

Kokichi grew used to it. He grew used to coming home to see Leader sitting or standing somewhere randomly in his room. Whenever he came home, Leader would immediately greet him. However, today was a little different.

Leader was sitting on his case. His finger tracing circles on the brown, high quality, wood. He looked deep in thought. "L-Leader?" Kokichi asked. Leader snapped out of the trance and looked at Kokichi. "You're probably wondering what I was thinking about, right?" Leader immediately asked, his face twisting into a grin. Yet, Kokichi thought he could see some sadness in his eyes. "S-sort of.." Kokichi answered as he shifted on his feet. Leader beckoned him closer. When Kokichi approached him, Leader beckoned his face to go closer as he placed his hand on the side of his mouth. Kokichi understood and obeyed, moving his head to the side. When Kokichi turned his ear towards Leader, Leader began to whisper.

"I was just thinking about people you don't know. Yet they're people I know too well."

Kokichi furrowed his eyebrows as he moved his head away. "Then.. why are you.. so sad..?" Kokichi hesitantly asked. Leader broke into a maniacal laughter. "Really? Me? Upset? They were all stupid and naive! I could care less where they are right now!" Leader said, his tone bitter and menacing. Kokichi wanted to point out the lie but he didn't want to anger him.

"But.. there is one person that's perhaps interesting and trustworthy. But I won't tell you, you're going to have to figure that out yourself." Leader said with a mischievous smirk. As he said this, he placed a finger over his lips, concealing his secret. Kokichi blinked. "Are they.. all from Danganronpa..?" Kokichi asked slowly and Leader shot an annoyed look. "Why of course they are. I was made for it, remember?" He responded. Leader then began to look down on his case again. His fingers moving towards the Team Danganronpa logo.

"You know, I can't help but to wonder if they're in the same situation as me." Leader said to himself, not looking at Kokichi. "By situation, you mean in terms of other participants receiving their counterparts?" Kokichi asked and Leader nodded. He finally turned his head to face Kokichi. "Perhaps you know someone who took part? I heard that Danganronpa ended so everyone must be reunited~ ah I wonder if the other objects remember who I am, y'know, when we were all once organic, when were all once human beings." Leader rambled on. "Um.. m-my friend actually t-took part.." Kokichi said as he shifted his feet.

Yes, he remembered still seeing his face asleep on the pod as he left. Danganronpa ended, so does that mean that his friend's counterpart actually survived? Leader was now intrigued. "Really? Then forward my question to them. Ask them if they received their special prize yet. I await their answer." Leader ordered as he crossed one leg over the other, a smile on his face. Kokichi nodded. "I-I'll do that.." Kokichi replied.

"You better. Now pushing that aside, I want to speak about something else." Leader said with a grin on his face. "W-what could that be..?" Kokichi asked. "Ah, it's simple really. That is regarding my current state." Leader said as he raised a hand and looked at it, his eyes focusing on every balljoint. "W-what about it?" Kokichi asked. Leader turned back to Kokichi, his hand still standing next to his face. "I can't help but to remember when I was just as human as you. You know, when my body didn't have these accursed balljoints and was actually made of real skin, tears, blood, and organs." Leader responded. Then he took one of Kokichi's hands and held it, crossing their fingers.

"See how I've been reduced to a pile of Resin, elastic, clockwork, and artificial fluids meant to look real?" Leader asked. Kokichi tightened his grip. When he first touched Leader's face, he thought it felt soft like human skin. However, holding Leader's hand now, he could instead feel the artificial and heavy porcelain-like texture on Leader's palm and fingers. It was definitely different to the lightweight feeling of human flesh, the only sturdiness coming from the denseness of the bones in each finger. Slowly, they undid the lock of their hands as Leader proved his point.