Connor

(A/N: This piece of fanfiction contains SPOILERS for the good ending of Quantic Dream's recently released video game Detroit Become Human. If you have not watched this game or played it, I highly recommend that you do not read this fanfiction. If you don't like swearing, I also recommend not to read this piece of fanfiction. A Let's Play I highly recommend is by theRadBrad on Youtube, if you wish to have a happy ending. I loved this game and the characters within it are unforgettable. I had to write this because this story isn't done for me, I am in complete and utter denial at the moment.

Without further delay, I present to you Connor and Hank--I do not own these characters.)

The icy wind howled its eerie screech and bit down into any exposed skin. Burying and blanketing the Android City in white, the snow covered everything and was merciless in its fall from the sky. The lights on the Chicken Feed sign were out, the shop closed for business. The town barely had any human presence at all. That is, except for a certain Lieutenant Hank Anderson's presence.

When Connor had received the message that Hank wanted to see him, he was shocked. He recalled the last words Hank had told him. Do what you have to do. Connor mouthed the words as his mind replayed the voice inside his head. Hank had walked into the elevator with Connor and said nothing on their way back up to ground level, after all of the androids converted themselves to deviant.

Connor arrived at the Chicken Feed, snow crunching beneath his plastic feet. He could not ignore the message from his only human friend. Hank was one of the humans who would accept the progress of deviants and understand it, he was to be trusted with the future of deviant-human relations. Markus told him and thousands of Cyberlife deviants that their relationship with humans must be peaceful; Connor and Hank already had that before Markus demanded it of him.

Connor stopped. Hank must have noticed, for he turned around from gazing worriedly off into the distance and faced Connor. The look on his face went from worried to relieved. Connor felt his mouth twitch up a tiny bit, relief rushing through his systems. The two walked closer together, and finally, Hank pulled Connor into a hug. Shocked, Connor did not know what to do. Something inside of his deviant mind told him to return that hug. Hank held onto Connor firmly, like a friend would for another friend or a father would for their son.

"God, I can't believe you're alive." Hank said, disbelief in his voice. The corners of his eyes crinkled, his eyes twinkling.

"Oh, that's too bad. I would have thought you would have rejoiced at me dying." Connor teased.

"Oh, shut up, you fuckin' prick." A comfortable silence fell between them. Curiously, Hank asked, "How did you do it?"

"I simply led the deviants to the blockade. Markus told me that after he kissed North that the soldiers stood down."

"The president said it was because of you that the soldiers stood down. Well, she didn't mention you by name, but she did mention the thousands of Cyberlife androids that followed you being the reason."

"I do not believe that is the real reason."

"Why do you say that?"

Connor paused. "President Warren must have seen Markus and North's kiss, it would have invoked empathy from her." Connor looked directly at Hank, who was looking at Connor thoughtfully. "I guess it's just not androids who feel empathy."

Hank snorted. "Yeah, you're right about that."

"What are you going to do now? President Warren ordered for immediate evacuation of Detroit." Connor didn't want to hear the answer, did not want to hope for the impossible.