15 Years Old

This was inspired by a Tumblr post so if you were the origin of this inspiration, I hope this one shot pleases you!

As Peter arrived at the compound from school, he dropped his backpack by the door and kicked off his shoes. Although he knew Thor was visiting, it was strangely quiet. There were keys by the door and muffles sounds coming from the training room, but nothing like what Peter would have expected from the god's arrival.

"Dad?" Peter called, shutting the door and walking into the kitchen. It was empty.

"Mr. Stark is currently in his lab," FRIDAY announced, "Would you like me to notify him of your arrival?"

"Nah," Peter hummed, peering into the fridge. At the sight of leftover pancakes, he grinned. "Where's everyone else?"

"Ms. Romanoff, Mr. Barton, and Captain Rogers are in the training room with Prince Thor," FRIDAY told him, "The Vison, Ms. Maximoff, and Colonel Rhodes have left the grounds. Mr. Wilson is watching chic flicks in his room."

Well, that sounded promising.

Peter quickly heated up some pancakes and ate them impatiently before deciding to join Sam. Nearly dropping his plate in the dishwasher, Peter raced out of the kitchen and past the common room but stopped short when he noticed Mjolnir sitting on the coffee table.

He stared at it for a moment, then looked around the room. No one was around. Walking over to the coffee table, he leaned forward to get a closer look at Mjolnir. His dad had told him once that no one had been able to lift it other than Vision and Thor. Ever since then, Peter had wanted to try picking up the hammer but Thor hadn't been around for him to try. Now was the perfect time, though, with no one around to laugh at him when he failed.

Carefully getting into position, Peter readied himself to lift the hammer if it took all his strength. He took a deep breath and looked around the room one more time to make sure no one was watching, then wrapped his hands around the handle. With a huge tug, Peter flew backwards. Mjolnir flew off the table and moments before Peter realised what was about to happen, the hammer hit him in the head and his vision went dark.

Sam didn't like his chic flicks being interrupted. He enjoyed watching them in peace in his room, so when he heard a loud thud, he expected interruptions. When no other sound came—not even an "ouch"—Sam grew suspicious.

Reluctantly, he hit pause on his movie and walked down the hall. He didn't notice anything out of place until he came to the common room. Laying on the floor, passed out cold, was Peter.

Sam nearly forgot to breath. Rushing over, he dropped down to Peter's side to make sure the kid was still breathing.

"FRIDAY, call Tony," Sam instructed, checking Peter's pulse. It was still strong and the kid was breathing fine, but Sam didn't relax.

Seconds later, Tony nearly pushed him as he dropped down next to Peter and checked his pulse again.

"What the hell happened, Wilson?" Tony demanded, shaking Peter to wake him up.

Sam stopped him, sharply warning him it could make things worse.

"No clue," he replied, "I was watching a movie, heard a thud, and found the kid out cold."

Tony checked Peter's eyes and was thankful to see neither pupil was blown. Just as he closed Peter's eyes, the kid began to squirm and groan. His hand immediately went to his head.

As Peter opened his eyes, the "ouch" Sam had anticipated earlier was finally mumbled.

"What hurts? What happened?" Tony asked, helping Peter slowly sit up.

"It's just my head," Peter answered groggily.

With the thought of a concussion running throughout Tony's mind, he asked FRIDAY to run some scans then asked what had happened again. Peter blushed and looked away. Following his gaze, Tony glanced over to where Mjolnir was laying but didn't understand.

"I think I can pick up Thor's hammer," Peter mumbled. Tony frowned.

"I asked why you were unconscious, not if you were worthy," Tony retorted. Peter's face got even redder.

"I tried picking up the hammer, but I didn't expect it to be so easy," he explained. Beginning to understand what had happened, Tony smirked. "It hit me in the head," Peter mumbled.

Sam smirked and Tony started to laugh.

"FRIDAY, show me the footage of what happened," Tony said.

In front of them, Peter's face went from red to white as a hologram image of him getting into position to lift Mjolnir appeared.

"No!" he whined.

Tony and Sam watched as Peter prepared to lift Mjolnir then unceremoniously fell backwards as Mjolnir slammed into his head. When they had both finished laughing, Tony pulled Peter to his feet.

"Come on, kid," he chuckled, "Let's make sure your worthiness didn't result in a concussion."

Frowning, Peter followed a still laughing Tony down to the lab where they discovered he had, in fact, gotten a concussion.