3: Shootin' At A Target

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, it exists of course, but it's pretty much retired. Most of us here are just ordinary mortals." Ben explained, shrugging with the last part.

"Who happened to be kings and queens." Mal added.

"That's true. Our royal blood goes back hundreds of years." Audrey nodded.

"Trust me, you should be thankful that there isn't much magic. When my mum messed with it, she ended up turning her mum- my grandma- into a bear." Maddie commented. Audrey laughed fakely.

"Maddieeee. Don't you have archery practice or something?" the brunette said very sweetly. Maddie crossed her arms.

"Not for another half an hour. Sorry to disappoint, you ain't gettin' rid of me." she smirked slightly.

"Archery?" Jay questioned.

"A sport. Involves a bow and arrow, shootin' at a target." Maddie explained. "I mean if you're that interested I could show you sometime."

"That is a great idea Maddie." Ben nodded.

"Sure... I would lo- I mean why not." Jay nodded, his eyes not moving off the redhead. Maddie smiled at him and there was a short silence.

"Anyway, we need to wrap up this tour... I have work to do." Ben looked around and noticed a blonde boy dressed in green and equipped with glasses on the stairs. "Doug!" he called, catching the attention of the boy. "Doug come down." Ben said, as Doug walked towards the group. "This is Doug." Ben gestured to him. "He's going to help you with your schedules and show you to your dorms. I'll see you later, okay?" Ben said. "And if there is anything you need, feel free to--"

"Ask Doug." Audrey interrupted, smiling once again, though it appeared fake to Maddie.

"Or you could ask Ben. You know, the one who brought you over here and is going to be king. Or if you want you could ask me." Maddie shrugged, smiling at Audrey, who seemed unimpressed.

"Thanks." Mal nodded.

"I'll keep that in mind." Jay said, and Maddie nodded a little in response.

"Maddie, are you staying here?" Ben asked.
"Yeah why not. Ya know, just in case glasses here loses his voice." Maddie said, resting her elbow on Doug's shoulder. Ben nodded and walked away with Audrey attached to his arm.

"Thank god that princess is gone." Maddie shook her head.

"I agree with you there." Mal nodded, folding her arms. Doug then cleared his throat.

"Hi guys. I'm Dopey's son. As in Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, and... Heigh-Ho..." Doug's voice trailed away when he laid eyes on Evie. He stared.

"Evie. Evil Queen's daughter." Evie introduced herself, smiling.

"Okay don't confuse them, glasses." Maddie elbowed Doug. "You just told them you're Dopey's son but right now you're being more Bashful." the redhead chuckled. Doug pushed his glasses up and looked down at his clipboard, handing a piece of paper to each VK.

"Anyway... so about your classes. I, uh, put in the requirements already... history of woodsmen and pirates, safety rules for the Internet and, uh, remedial goodness 101." Doug explained, and during that, Maddie yawned, earning her a giggle from Mal and a smirk from Jay.

"Let me guess, new class? Come on guys, let's go find our dorms." Mal commented, starting to walk forward. Evie, Carlos and Jay followed her.

"Guys, they're thaattt way." Maddie gestured to the right stairwell. The four of them turned around and strutted past. Mal, then Evie, then Carlos, and Jay, who stopped when Maddie whistled.

"I'll see you 'round, Muscles. Maybe come get you later. I can show you archery then." Maddie smiled, playfully punching Jay's arm.

"Sure." Jay nodded. "See you then."

"See you then, Muscles." Maddie nodded, watching the VKs leave. She strolled past Doug as he was muttering to himself.

"Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy and..."

"Sneezy." Maddie said, patting Doug's chin.

" Maddie said, patting Doug's chin