~CHAPTER 8~AWAKE~

Start from the beginning

Maddie: it'll all work out ❤️

Millie: thanks Z 💕

Maddie: no problemo mi amor 😚

Millie: Spanish ewwwwww

Maddie: 🤮ikr

Millie: I miss you

Maddie: I miss you more

Millie: I miss you most

Maddie: not possible girly 💞

Millie: 💗

Maddie: 💕💞☺️

Millie: I really should sleep

Maddie: well sleep tight angel ❣️ I hope you have beautiful dreams and a wonderful day of filming tomorrow.

Millie: goodnight ❤️ I love you more than the world

Maddie: You are my world 💕

I smile as I exit from Maddie's messages. I scroll down the list of texts and see Finn's name.

Finnie 🐸 ❤️

I hesitate before clicking his name. The screen changes and our old messages appear.

The last text he sent that wasn't a birthday wish was from before Jacob and I became public. I bite my slightly swollen lip and hold back tears.

Why am I crying?

I lay here in silence as I reread the messages.

Finn: Night Millie Mills ❤️ text me tomorrow?

Millie: Bye Finnie. I will 😘

I wipe my eye with finger. I never did text him back.

Why did I throw away such a pure and wonderful friendship? Why did I ruin this?

I remember sending that. I remember the butterflies in my stomach whenever he talked to me. I remember it all too well (for any Taylor Swift fans out there).

I quickly screenshot the message and keep scrolling through the hundreds of messages that we had sent at 2 AM when neither of us could sleep. And the only company we needed was each other.

I remember loving him. And my heart aches knowing that it was real. Even though I never admitted it, I loved him.

I miss loving him. But maybe I never stopped.

And with that thought, I sob myself to sleep, confused with what my heart really wants.

Sadie's pov

I lay in bed at 2 AM, wide awake. Millie's probably asleep by now.

I smile to myself, thinking of Noah's arms around me. He was slightly taller than me, coming about 2 inches above my head.