Epilogue

My eyes were wide open and my brain was wide awake but my limbs refused to obey my command. I could hear faint voices coming from outside. I screamed but no sound came out. I felt my chest being crushed and my breathing becoming restricted. Perhaps it lasted around a good 3 minutes, though it may sound like a short amount of time, it felt like eternity; my inability to move. I had to admit I was scared. But slowly, I began to be able to move my fingers and slowly to the rest of my body.

I tried to sit up but a throbbing pain threw me back down. I grimaced. Just as I did so, a guy ran over to me and placed his palm on my forehead. "Your fever has gone down although you're still very pale. Come on, I will help you up. You need to eat something." I looked at him, he was about my age. He had short brown hair and the most enticing blue eyes. His eyes were an icy blue almost like glaciers but his gaze was much warmer - as they say, blue flames are always hotter.

"Who are you and where am I?" I sat up with his support. I stared at him, nearly drowning into his eyes.

"Me? I am Kaito. You are currently at my family home. Don't you remember? We found you lying half lifeless on the grass. You're injuries suggest you fell down the cliff. It was a good thing the trees softened your fall or perhaps you wouldn't be alive right now. Actually, it's a miracle that you are alive anyway." He smiles at me. His smile was gentle and rather alluring. "Come on, lets have some breakfast."

"Wait, who am I?" My head throbbed as if it didn't want me from knowing. "I can remember my name but that's it. I don't remember where I came from or anything else." My fingers burrowed into my hair in frustration. Where did I come from and why am I here?

"Sorry, I can't help you. No one has ever seen you before. Only my family have live in this area for decades. We found you 2 days ago if that helps, you've been sleeping for the whole time. We weren't sure if you would ever wake up."

"No it's fine. I'm just really confused."

"Look you might have lost some of your memories during that fall. It was pretty high but you may be able to get them back. My parents are doctors and if we tell them your condition, they might be able to help. Now, let's get some food or you might fall again and really die this time."

"Alright. And thank you. Really, thank you. By the way, I'm Skye. That's the only thing I remember I'm afraid." I said as he helped me up.

The outside scenery was breathtaking. It was a vast land of greenery with flowers all around of all different colours. If the Garden of Eden really exists then I'm sure this is comparable. It felt like paradise.

Their house was moderately sized. Not too big but not too small either. It was the perfect size. I don't know why but I felt safe here. In the room, there were a couple who I'm guessing are Kaito's parents, a little girl with the same glacier blue eyes but her hair was a unique shade of platinum and finally an old lady.

I bow towards them and as I did so, they all turned and looked at me.

"You're awake now?" The lady smiled, she bore the same brown hair and glacier eyes as Kaito. She was so beautiful, stunning even. Kaito was the splitting image of her. "Let's have some food. I don't know if this will be to your tastes but I do hope you will like it."

"Thank you." It was all I could muster, perhaps I lost my sense of speech along with my memories.

Kaito pulled out the chair and gestured me to sit. I smiled and sat down whilst saying "thank you." He sat next to me along with the lady.

"I see you already know Kaito, am I right? I am his mother, you can call me Chizuru. This is Kaito's father, Asahi. And this is our youngest one, Kaito's little sister, Megumi but we all just call her Megu. And lastly, Kaito's grandmother, Noriko." Kaito's dad had the same unique platinum hair as Megu but his eyes were more of a hazel colour which reminded me of all the plant life outside. The grandmother also had platinum hair which I concluded her to be the mother of Asahi.

"Hello. I'm Skye." I smiled at them.

"It's nice to meet you, Skye. Are you feeling better? You're injuries were pretty serious." The father asked me.

"I'm feeling alright. But..." I turned and looked at Kaito who just smiled and nodded at me. "I think I've lost my memories."

"Is that so? The fall was quite steep and it isn't quite surprising as you did hit your head. I can do some therapy with you to see if you can get some of your memories back."

"Thank you so much. I really appreciate everyone for saving me and providing me with all this help."

"Okay, well let's get on with the meal. The soup is made out of soybeans - miso soup." The mother said as she laid out the bowl of soup in front of me.

I waited until everyone sat down before I began to drink and eat. I took a sip, it was delicious but also familiar at the same time. I felt a sense of nostalgia but I still couldn't remember why.

"Are you okay?" Kaito asks.

"Yeah why?"

"It's just that you're crying." I used my hand to touch my cheek. I looked at my hand which was glistening with tears. I didn't even know that I was crying nor do I know why.

"I really don't know why I'm crying." Just as I said that a series of faces popped into my mind though I couldn't pinpoint who they were nor what their names were. One person in particular left a vivid image in my mind. A boy with night black hair which was both messy but neat at the same time. His eyes shone green like emeralds, they were big and almost had a sad expression. He also had thick dark eyebrows which complimented his other features.

Who exactly is he and why does my mind refuse to forget him? Did I know him? Who is he to me?

These questions just followed with frustration. Why can I not remember who I am?

Who am I?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone! It's Ada.

A few people have left comments for a second book and I am hoping to be able to start writing it after my exams. This epilogue will act as a prologue to the second book.

I'm also planning to edit the first book since my writing style has changed (hopefully it is better than it was before).

I'm hoping you like this sneak peak to the next novel. I won't reveal too much yet, hopefully I can create a sense of mystery for now.

Feel free to message me personally. However, I am currently doing very important exams so I may not reply straight away.

I wish everyone all the best! Hope you enjoy this epilogue!

From your very slow author, Ada xx