The Fight

Everything looked so beautiful. The castle was decorated in gold.

Suddenly two guards standing next to the stairs blew their horns.
"His majesty, Prince Suwon."
Everyone turned to the stairs and cheered.
Down the stairs came a young vampire, about my age. He look extremely smart, well he is the prince.
"Good evening fellow vampires," He waved to everyone "Let's get this ball started. Shall we dance? Are there any ladies who would like to dance with me?"

"He annoys me." Yuichiro suddenly turns up.
I jumped "Yeah. I know."
Most of the ladies there started cheering except from a few sophisticated ones. I stare at Shinoa and Mitsuba, they weren't cheering either.
The prince walked around the room, greeting the ladies.

His glance met mine. He walked towards me.
"Miss, please may I have this dance?" He asks smiling.
"Of course, your highness." I smiled back.

I saw a few of the ladies looking annoyed and jealous, some even hissed at me.
I glance at Shinoa and Mitsuba. They looked so relieved. A young vampire boy who was quite short, asked Mitsuba a dance while Yuichiro held out his hand to Shinoa for a dance.

It hurts.
I don't know why.
Seeing Yuichiro with Shinoa.

"Miss. Can I ask you, what is your name?" The prince stared at me as the music started playing.
I debated whether to tell him my real name or not. But he might suspect me as the killer of the King.
"Himero Fia. But Fia will do." I tell him.
"Oh Fia. What a lovely name." He danced.
"Thank you." I gave a small laugh.

"Ouch!" He winced a bit.
"I'm so sorry! I really didn't mean to step on you!" The guards glared at me.
"It's okay. I know." He smiled as he waved his hand signalling the guards that he was okay.
"I'm not a very good dancer." I gave a fake smile.
"You seem pretty graceful to me." As he spun me, I caught Yuichiro staring at me. He didn't seem happy.

The prince then lowered me down. I was supported by his strong arms.
He is going to be a hard one to kill. But he doesn't seem to having any weapons on him. I checked.
Suddenly the prince leans down. I could smell blood radiating from his mouth.
"I think I really like you." He smiles leaning closer.

Wait is he... trying to kiss me?
I don't want to kiss him.
What should I do?

I close my eyes. I felt a gush of power pulling the prince away from me.
It was Yuichiro.
I no time to waste.

"DRAW!" I shouted

The guards quickly protected the king.
I use my sword with one strike I killed all 3 guards protecting the prince.
The vampires started screaming. The guards was running towards the prince, but Shinoa and Mitsuba took care of them.
"Fia... What is the meaning of this?" The prince looked scared.
Before he could say anything else I pointed my sword at him.
He raised his hands up, then a sword appeared in his hand out of nowhere.

A few guards dame running towards the prince.
"I will handle them." The prince looks confident.

"Where did the sword come from?" Yuichiro said.
"It's a first class weapon!" I shouted.
"Should we retreat?" He asked staring at me.
"No. We can handle this. He doesn't have much experience fighting." I smiled at him.
"Shall we do the switch method?" He suggests.
"Good idea. Do you want to take lead?" I already know his answer.
"Thought you would never ask." He jumps in.

He's fast. I guess he isn't all talk. His attacks are strong.

"SWITCH!" He shouted.
"Got it!" I shouted back.

The prince is open. I land a few hits on the prince. He winced.

Faster.
I need to get faster.

The prince swings his sword towards my face but I managed to dodge it.
I do my special attack. I hit with my sword the prince even faster.
"I will finish him, Yuichiro. Go help Shinoa and Mitsuba." I say as I dive in towards the prince he focuses on me, I jump over him, hiting him from behind.
He gave out a loud shriek then fell onto the ground making a huge crash.
That was too easy.

"You guys seriously can't handle a bunch of kids?" A familar voice said from the balcony.
I turned. A familar face appeared before me.
"Mum?" I cried "Is that you?"