Prologue - The Death of a Hero

I do not regret a single thing. I've lived a good life. A noble life. True, it may have been short, but I've had enough experiences to fill a thousand lives.There is nothing that I wouldn't do all over again. Even as I lay here thinking these last thoughts, I am not thinking of death. I find myself looking back on my life.

I've had quite a few adventures. Ceraron and I spent our lives traveling across Aurea, defending those who cannot defend themselves. We even chased a crooked villain to Earth, the land where humans rule. We've had many close calls and near-death experiences, the worst of which would probably be our encounter with the Ray Dragons. We always seemed to find a way out of everything. But one cannot live a life like ours forever. Eventually, all those close calls caught up to us. After all, you can't get out of everything. And my path ends here.

There are a few things that I wanted to do in my life, but never had the chance to. I was never able to have a family of my own. However, Ceraron and I gave many others that opportunity. We saved lives, him and I. I do not regret a single thing. I shall die a hero. I am not going to die a lone wolf. A rogue wolf. I am a hero. Tales will be told of the adventures of the valiant Ceraron and Sleek. We will be remembered. And that is all that I can ask for. With no regrets, I look back on my life. Come, look with me. Let us look back on the tale of a grumpy, rogue wolf who would eventually become one of the greatest heroes of all time. The tale of a wolf named Sleek.