Right in the middle of his daddy's warm bed. He also sort of wanted to be held, but he was too irritated right now.

"Zayn, stop it." Harry warned, finally spotting him.

"But I just want-"

"No. Here." Harry said, taking advantage of a lengthy red light. He turned and got Zayn's blanket, tossing it back onto his lap.

"Cover back up and put your dummy back in. Just lean back." Harry told him.

"No." Zayn practically pouted, pushing the blanket back off of himself.

"Zayn. Don't be difficult." Harry said softly. "I promise we'll be home soon."

Being difficult had never crossed Zayn's mind.

He wasn't even trying to be anywhere near difficult, he was just trying to get what he wanted.

However, since he'd been denied what he wanted, Zayn now decided to be difficult.

He whined, kicking his feet in frustration.

"You're going to stay in that car seat." Harry said, his focus back on the road.

Zayn tried to kick the passenger seat, realizing Harry had moved it out of his reach.

He began to look around, trying to think of anything he could do just to be a brat.

"I want to go home!" He said loudly, throwing his dummy into the floor.

"Hey! Watch your volume." Harry snapped, making Zayn flinch.

He quickly gave up, bringing his knees to his body and leaning towards the window.

He looked out with a quiet sigh, feeling tears on his cheeks after he blinked.

"I was hoping you'd be good this morning because I have a surprise for you." Harry eventually spoke, pulling into a rather deserted looking gas station.

Zayn chose not to look at him or answer, blankly staring out the window until he realized Harry was getting out of the car.

He sat up straighter, moving his legs back down into their normal position and watching Harry come around the car.

"I'm sorry." Zayn quickly said after Harry opened the car door.

Harry smiled at him, leaning over and kissing his cheek.

"Can you promise me you'll be good for the rest of the car ride?" Harry asked softly, looking into his eyes and wiping his tears away.

Zayn nodded, noticing how soft and warm Harry's hands were.

"You sure?" Harry smiled again, picking up the blanket and tucking it back around him, leaving his arms out.

"Yes." Zayn answered quietly, his cold wet eyelashes hitting his cheeks when he blinked.

Harry kissed his cheek again, placing a new tablet on Zayn's lap.

Zayn gasped, wondering if he was seeing this correctly.

Of course, there was no missing that thick, bright green case protecting the device.

"It's mine?" Zayn asked in shock, looking at Harry with big eyes.

"When you're good. I know you've wanted one for a while and I know our car rides can get boring, especially long ones like this." Harry said.

"Thank you daddy." Zayn said sweetly, making Harry chuckle.

"Listen at that sweet tone. Haven't heard that all morning." Harry smiled, giving him a look.

Zayn smiled innocently, he and Harry both knowing that he was spoiled.

"Okay, well we should get going. Need anything before I get behind the wheel again?" Harry asked.

Moments like these hit Zayn really deep.

How could he leave this for life back on the streets? How could he go back to that danger, and leave behind someone who obviously cared so much for him?

A big part of Zayn didn't really want to.

But it was just a part.

"More kisses." Zayn admitted quietly, breaking into a smile when Harry didn't hesitate to start covering his face in little kisses.

He stopped on Zayn's forehead, waiting for him to stop giggling before leaving one last kiss on his nose.

"I love you." Harry said.

"I love you too daddy."