Sneezes

The next morning, while Zayn and Harry were both sitting in the lounge, Zayn discovered the parental lock on the television.

"What's this?" He spoke up, feeling irritated.

Harry looked up from his laptop where he was looking at cute onesies. "Oh, a parental lock. Not all the channels are appropriate."

"Well maybe I'm in the mood to watch something inappropriate." Zayn said sharply.

"Why do you have a parental lock on the television anyway?" He frowned.

Harry noticed his tone, realizing it was time to change his nicotine patch.

Zayn also sounded a little stuffy, but Harry was trying to ignore it. 

He got up, getting another patch from the kitchen and coming back, sitting next to Zayn.

"It's time for a change." Harry said when Zayn gave him a weird look.

"I can do it myself! Jeez!" Zayn snapped, taking the new patch and moving away from him.

"Well you didn't even know it was time for it to be changed." Harry pointed out calmly.

Zayn didn't say anything, changing the patch.

Harry held his hand out for the old one, and Zayn avoided his eyes as he handed it to him.

"Will you just tell me the code?" He asked.

"You've been watching television for almost three hours now. Don't you want to do something else?" Harry asked.

"Not really." Zayn said.

"You sure? It's a pretty nice day, how about the park?" Harry suggested.

"So you can push me on the swings?" Zayn asked, giving him a look.

"....No, because you're sixteen and I'm not going to treat you like you're any younger than that." Harry said, having to tell himself that over and over.

"I don't want to go anywhere else. I don't really know what I want, I feel so stuck." Zayn admitted.

"Well...what do you like to do?" Harry asked.

Zayn paused, thinking.

It'd been a long time since he was able to stop and think about what he liked to do instead of thinking about how to survive.

"Honestly I don't know." He said eventually.

"Want to help me make a cake?" Harry asked.

"A cake? Why?" Zayn asked.

"Well...that's fun isn't it? And who doesn't like cake? We can make whatever kind you want." Harry said.

Zayn sighed, leaning back into the couch. "Nah."

"I'm sorry you're bored." Harry said, feeling bad now.

How were teenagers entertained?

All Harry had were toys and colouring books.

"Wouldn't be if I could watch someone get shot up." Zayn mumbled.

"Too much television isn't good for you." Harry said, close to giving in because of how Zayn was acting.

"And are you sure that's the best thing to watch after what you went through?" He asked.

"I'll be fine." Zayn said, looking at him.

Harry hesitated, opening his mouth to tell Zayn the code just as Zayn began to sneeze.

He did it four times, ending with a groan and his face in his hands.