Chapter Twenty-Two: The Baby Shower

Start from the beginning

“Sorry I’m a friend of Pilar’s… she invited me for support,” the red head said as she flashed a smile at Kathryn before she slipped away and looked for Pilar; Kathryn frowned as she quickly walked over to Vania, she didn’t want to worry Gabriela over nothing.

Vania looked at the blonde, who was quickly by her side and turning her towards the red head; René rolled his brown eyes before he realised what the blonde was pointing out.

“Why does she look familiar? She says she’s a friend of Pilar’s,” Kathryn said annoyed, she couldn’t place the face and she knew that it was important; it was only when René cursed that she looked at him, he looked furious and it was clear that he had figured it out.

“Her name is Alyson Garcia… she’s the woman that broke the news of Gabriela’s pregnancy,” René said as he realised that Pilar had been the one to leak the story, he couldn’t believe that she had sunk so low to do something like that.

***

“What are you doing here?” Pilar hissed as she looked at the red head, she knew that she had invited her but that wasn’t until later; she wanted Sergio’s family gone before she tormented Gabriela with the idea that she was the one that had revealed the story to the press.

“Well you didn’t specify a time,” Alyson huffed as she looked at Pilar, she didn’t know what her friend was worrying about since no one had recognised her anyway; she had been careful and she knew that this was going to be great for her viewership if she got more exclusives.

“You could have waited until the family had gone… I’ve just been filling Paqui lies to make her feel sorry for me, stupid woman doesn’t realise that she’s even being played,” Pilar snorted amused as she thought about how easy this was for her; she hadn’t thought that it would be that easy especially since Paqui hadn’t liked her much in the beginning.

Alyson nodded her head as she thought about what her friend had said, she was surprised how well Pilar was manipulating the situation and making it worse than it needed to me.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Sergio asked as he walked into the kitchen, his brown eyes locked on the red head knowing that she was far from welcome in his home; he had only been alerted to her presence by René who had been pretty upset by it.

Alyson looked at Pilar knowing that her friend would back her up, she doubted that Pilar was that self-served that she would turn her back on the woman that had helped her and knew what she was planning.

“The nosey cow is trying to get a story out of me… I’m not interested, I love and support by boyfriend,” Pilar said enraged as she turned on Alyson and threw her drink over the red head who stared at her speechlessly.

Sergio stared at his girlfriend as Kathryn walked into the room with René, they both knew that there was something more going on at that moment and they wanted answers.

“That’s funny… she says that she’s a friend of yours,” Kathryn said as she eyed Pilar, she wondered how the brunette would dig herself out of this one; she knew that she had been behind the story being leaked and she wanted to protect Gabriela more than anything from Pilar’s lies.

“She’s lying,” Pilar said desperately as the walls started to close in around her, she knew that she was going to lose and she had to do something before the truth came out; she glanced around as Paqui came into the room, the brunette looked far from pleased about what was going on.

“Would you all stop it… if anyone needs getting rid of then its Gabriela,” Paqui said as she moved to side with Pilar, she couldn’t believe that they were trying to turn Sergio against his girlfriend like this; she glared at Kathryn who glared right back at her.

Alyson stared at Pilar as she realised that her ‘friend’ was only out to care for herself, she knew that if she was going to go down for this then she was taking the other reporter with her.

“Oh I see what you mean now Pilar… your right, the madre is a little stupid,” Alyson stage-whispered as she grinned at her friend, she knew that this would get her into trouble and reveal her true colours to the group.

Paqui blinked stunned that the red head had dared say something like that in her presence, she stared shocked as Sergio stepped forward; a sudden sinking feeling taken hold as he looked at his girlfriend, who seemed to want to disappear.

“Pilar, what’s going on?” Sergio asked as he tried to make sense of all of this, he hated the feeling that he had missed something important and he knew that there was something important going on there.

“Oh it’s nice to finally meet you… Pilar said you’d be thrilled to have the whole pregnancy story out in the open; she even asked me to report it as a favor,” Alyson said interrupting, she glanced at Pilar who went pale as she realised what the red head was doing; she stared at her wondering what she could do to get her to shut up and stop telling them these things.

“She’s lying,” Pilar barked as she tried to cover for herself, she looked at Paqui and Sergio knowing that she had to keep them on side; if she lost them then it was all over for her.

Kathryn snorted as she looked at the brunette, she had a feeling that Pilar had been playing them all for fools and finally she had crossed the wrong person; she stared at Pilar knowing that this would be a downfall.

“Really… because from where I’m standing, she’s the only one making sense,” Kathryn said crossing her arms, René nodded his head in agreement as Sergio stared at his girlfriend trying to wrap his head around all of this.

“You’re the one that told the press about Gabriela,” Sergio said as everything finally started to sink in, he swallowed as he stared at the woman that he had trusted with everything and had betrayed him.

“Sergio I swear…” Pilar said as she stepped towards him, she couldn’t lose him now not after she had worked so hard; she knew that she had been rash but she wanted Gabriela gone so that they could be happy again.

“Don’t… pack your things and get out, I trusted you…” Sergio snarled furiously as he realised that she had done all of this to get rid of the blonde; he knew that she had been telling his mother things about Gabriela and turning her against her.

Pilar blinked as she realised that he was breaking up with her, she swallowed knowing that she had to do something to get Sergio back and she had to do it quickly.

“I’m not interest Pilar… I know what I did was horrible to you but this… this is so much worse,” Sergio said shaking his head as he realised that this was the end for them; he was surprised they had lasted so long after he had gotten Gabriela pregnant, he swallowed back the hurt before he shook his head and walked out of the kitchen.

Pilar stared after him speechless, she had never thought that this was how it was going to end.