Ch 17

"Annabelle..." a soothing voice called out to me as I stood there, for God knows how long, sobbing.

I turned my tear stained face to see the owner of the voice, Ria. Ria took one look at me and hugged me. I cried into her shoulder.

"Shshsh, baby don't cry...c'mon Belle...you are a strong girl..." Ria tried soothing me.

I sniffed as I heard the words "you are a strong girl"  Didn't Adrian too tell the same thing? Losing Adrian hurt and I couldn't bear it, he was my first friend in school and HE WAS CRUSH! MY FIRST EVER CRUSH and losing him was TOO MUCH FOR MY POOR HEART!

Ria massaged comforting circles on my back. "Hey, I saw and heard what happened through the window. I don't know why you wanted to end the friendship with Adrian if you are crying like this, but I know you've got a good reason for that." she whispered in my ear.

I decided to tell her the truth. "R-R-Ria..I..I...didn't want to b-b-break..t..thi..this .f-f-f-frr.fr..friendship w-w-w-..with A-A-Ad..Adr..Adrian."

Ria gently released me and looked into my eyes, looking curious. "What do you mean Belle?"

"I-I-I was...f-f-f-..forced to b-b-b-break t-t-this f-f-friendship with h-h-him." I managed to tell her through my sobs.

Ria curious glance became more curious. "Forced to? By whom or what?"

"B-B-By h-h-his girl...girlfriend." I told looking down sadly, the word 'girlfriend' was too much for me to bear.

"Look here, Belle." Ria said as she gently raised my face towards hers. "Whoever that is has no right to do it and I don't know why you did that. Well, what's done is already done, so no use of crying over spilt milk but do be more cautious and alert Belle. Stop being so naive.  To survive highschool, you need to grow up a bit."

I nodded my head, taking her advice in. I would need it later sometime later.

"Well, ok..come on in. Let's cheer you up a bit, munchkin!" Ria said her eyes gleaming as she tried to make the situation lighter.

I gave her a small, thankful smile. Ria may not be my mother but she was certainly acting like one. I was glad to be boarding in her house. Guardians like her and Carlo were hard to find and though I might have lost someone dear to me, I must remember that there are more people who will be there for me and cheer me up.

*Next day*

Roxy rushed towards me as she saw me coming in the morning.

"Hey Belle are you alright?" Roxy asked, concern present in her eyes.

"Yeah, I am ok...why did you ask?" I asked her, confused.

"Don't lie Belle. We know you are not." told Hayley as she appeared next to Roxy.

"Yeah, we know all about you and Adrian." piped in Anna.

"Why did you do that?" asked Frannie worriedly.

"Why did you listen to that she-devil, bitch Allison?" glared Michelle.

I looked at them surprised. They knew? How on earth did they know?

"Wait, how did you guys know all this?" I asked them, surprised.

"Hmmm, don't look too surprised. Ria told us." Roxy informed me.

Huh? Ria worked fast. She told my friends? Awww, how sweet of her.

"Oh...yeah, well I had to listen to Allison to keep my highschool life trouble free." I tried justifying my actions, but those words didn't make me feel better it just made me feel thousand times worse because I realized how selfish I was.

"You listened to Allison because you wanted a trouble free highschool life?" echoed Anna, looking shocked.

I nodded my head. "You heard me."

"I can't believe you, Belle. How could you be so selfish? You did that because you would be free? Yeah, you might be free but poor Adrian...do you have any idea how bad he must be feeling?" Hayley spat out, looking angry.

"Hayley, calm down." Michelle told to a fuming Hayley.

"Well, he has his other friends too." I told them, feeling the guilt weigh heavier in me.

"Yeah, he does...but still, losing a friend hurts Belle. It does." Frannie told me.

"Annabelle, I can't imagine you paid no heed to my advice and just fell for whatever Allison told you." Roxy said, looking disappointed.

"Huh?" I asked her looking confused.

Roxy sighed. "Don't you remember Belle? I told you on the first day that we met, Rhea and Allison do not let their victims off easily no matter what they do or say. They just wait for the perfect opportunity to strike. Now, you have lost your shield."

"Shield?" I whispered, scared.

"Yeah, Adrian was the barrier they had in attacking you because if he knew he would break up with Allison and stand up for you but now they got rid of him easily. Though he still cares for you, he can't do anything because they will pull out the 'You are not her friend anymore' card out. See?" Roxy informed me.

As realization slowly sunk in, I felt really bad. I just dug my own grave. I was so foolish to  believe in Allison. I had completely forgotten Roxy's warning.

Oh, how stupid could you be? That's why they say to think twice before you take any decision and you never thought of consulting me, your brain and inner conscience.

I gulped. My highschool life will be turning worse from now on. I lost my first friend, crush and shield! Oh lord, how will I ever come out of this?

"B-B-But you will still be there to protect me." I tried to sound strong, but failed.

"Belle, we will still be there but we won't be that strong as a shield as Adrian because Allison and Rhea have nothing they want from us. Don't worry, girl. We will still try to protect you as much as we can." Michelle said, grasping my hand and squeezing it reassuringly.

Anna, Frannie, Roxy and Hayley, who seemed to have cooled off, looked at me reassuringly.

"C'mon let's get to class now." Hayley said dragging me and the others inside.

"Haha, okay Hayley." I laughed trying to lighten the situation.

I might have to face some problems in the future, but that didn't stop me from enjoying life when I had the opportunity to do so.

Hello my awesome readers,

So here's Chapter 17!!!! Hope you liked it! I had to type this in midst of so much work, so do forgive me if it's short! I don't know whether you expected this or not. Well, you'll be able to see more of Allison, Rhea and Adrian in the upcoming chapters! =)

So, what do you think will happen next? Plus, comment me your favourite characters and your favourite phrases (if any!)

So...sit back and enjoy this! Thank you for reading Triple Life!!! Be tuned in for more updates...

This chapter is dedicated to @AngelOfMusic27 because she added my book to her 'Favourites' reading list. I love her 'Green Eyes- Ronald Knox Fanfiction' and 'Dark Angel'! I recommend those books!!! =D

Well.....bye...meet you guys again in the next chapter!

SHARE>>>COMMENT>>>VOTE

I love all your feedbacks!!!

Get in touch with me on:

Ask.fm: GirlzSparkle @Arix_Rulz

Pic on side is of Ria...starred by lovely Jessica Biel!