Tenten was left in the living room as she saw the snake man's tongue flickering. "What is your name, young one?" His yellow eyes gleamed.

  "Tenten," The girl squared her shoulders.

   "So you are Kakuzu's granddaughter?" He asked, a thoughtful expression crossing his face.

  "Yes."

  "You must be quite the kunoichi—" he murmured.

  "I haven't been trained—" she began before she heard a sudden voice.

  "Where's Kakuzu's little twerp?" A strange looking man with sharp teeth stood at the entrance of the room, his eyes dark but they were less creepy than the snake man's.

  Tenten tentatively raised her hand as the man's eyes zoned in on her. His eyebrow raised.

  "Well what are you sitting around here for? We haven't got all day—" the one that she presumed as Jūzō said, as Tenten caught sight of the large sword on his back.

  "H-hai."

Tenten jumped off her seat and followed the footsteps of the man who led her out of the cave and into a large, isolated space. "Kakuzu said you haven't been trained before,"the man's voice was gruff.

  "Hai," Tenten looked down at her feet.

  There was a loud sigh. "Listen, kid, I might look like this but I'm not going to eat you or tear you to pieces or anything. I'm here to bring out your full potential and although it will be back breaking, I won't be the one murdering you in cold blood. Your grandfather would probably kill me if I did that."

  Tenten nodded as she squared up again and the man took a long look at her. "Skinny," he grunted, his eyes studying her carefully, "and too short to reach high targets. How is your aim?" He asked as he took out a kunai and threw it straight at the target nailed to the tree, the knife sticking through the center.

  Jūzō flipped over the side of the kunai, giving it to her handle first. Tenten hesitantly gripped it, thinking back to how the Academy students threw. Jūzō watched through narrowed eyes as the girl bent into a clumsy stance for throwing, an awkward positioning of her feet making him feel as if the girl was too under qualified.

  She threw.

  The kunai made a dull thunk as it embedded on the outermost circle.

  Jūzō saw the girl bowing her head in disappointment. The movement of her hand was perfect and although her aim needed much work, her wrist flicked the kunai with enough force for the knife to stick into the target instead of bouncing off.

  "You took your eyes off at the last moment," he observed, "that's why you missed. Never take your eyes off the target."

  He placed a bag filled with sharp kunai on the upturned log next to her. "This time, don't look away," he advised.

  Jūzō watched as the girl fumbled time and again. Some shots were worse than her first and some stuck on the outermost circle. He looked away for a moment, lost in thought as the sound of kunai whistled through the air.

  "Jūzō-san....I finished all of the kunai—"

  The bag held twelve dozen kunai.

  His eyes trailed to the target. She had failed the first twelve.

  And as for the next twelve...

  Jūzō raised his eyebrow.

  All twelve were embedded in the innermost circle, straight in the center.

  The girl was panting slightly, a sheen of sweat showing on her forehead but she looked upwards in a childish expression for approval.

In just twelve throws, she mastered it.

Even some genin had trouble with their aim but she...a girl with no previous experience had learned from one demonstration and a couple of shots.

  "Well..." Jūzō mused, his eyes trailing over the kunai and then to the girl, "that is quite...unusual—"

  Jūzō took out a couple of shuriken this time, a slight twitch of his lips showing. "Now, tell me kid. Do you think you can make those shots with these shuriken?"

*******

Hello all! Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Tenten showing off her skills, right? XD

I think I will make her retain her taijutsu skills and fuinjutsu. But I think I want to make her have Earth nature..I don't know, when I think of Tenten, I guess I think of Earth style.