Chapter 9

There she is.

Kathy was currently running up the steps, and I had the sneaking suspicion she was looking for a phone.

I silently followed and watched her disappear into my room. She was all too easy to trap.

I walked in after her and closes the door shut.

"Didn't anyone teach you it's rude to go into someone's room without permission?" She once again jumped and screamed at me.

"Athena, please just leave us alone!" She begged.

"I'm afraid I can't do that Kathy. You know too much," I said while taking a step towards her.

Her eyes darted around the room frantically looking for a way out. She looked to the bed and immediately jumped over it. I lunged for her and grabbed her ankle.

She thrashed her legs aggressively and I had to let go when her foot collided with my nose.

I backed away and put my hands over it, feeling the blood pouring from my nose.

"You fucking bitch!" I roared.

Her eyes widened and she scrambled to get up. She was out the door quick, but I was hot on her trail.

She pumped her legs as hard as they would go, but Kathy was never athletic. It's such a shame her baby won't get the chance to live.

Such a shame.

With aggression, I launched my body at her, and was able to successfully get her to the ground.

Kathy refused to give up.

She punched me and knocked me off of her, only for me to kick her in the gut. She groaned and clutched onto her stomach in agony. Her eyes were almost raging.

I turned around to grab my fallen knife, and as soon as I picked it up, there Kathy was again.

She hopped on my back and was trying to choke me out.

I decided to have a little fun, and I rammed her into the door. She groaned and moaned in pain.

Now we were getting somewhere.

I struggled to reach the top of the stairs, and when I did, I threw us down. She let go instantly as we crashed onto the stairs. We rolled and rolled until the hard wooden floor was beneath us.

My body protested, but I pushed myself up, and got on top of an injured Kathy. With my knife in hand, I was able to restrain her.

"Athena, you don't have to do this."

Her eyes were pleading.

She knew her end was near, and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

"Please! I have a baby!" She begged.

"Shhh, Kathy calm down," I soothed. Tears were streaming down her face.

I plunged the knife into her stomach and watched as her face distorted into shock and one of terror.

She let out a small gurgle, and that's how I knew she truly didn't have long. With a heavy sigh, I stood up and began dragging her into the woods.

I followed the path her and Jason originally took, and when I saw a struggling Jason I had no choice but to giggle.

Such a great ending.

His struggled ceased as he saw me dragging an almost dead Kathy, and his eyes widened.

I placed her beside him, and he choked on his words.

"Kathy? Kathy baby?"

You could hear the melancholy laced his tone. He was losing the woman he loved.

Kathy went limp beside him, and all that could be heard throughout the forest were his loud wales of despair.

"I'm so sorry," he cried as he clutched onto her waist and pulled her to him.

He kissed her forehead and repeated a mantra of apologies.

"I'm sorry, so so sorry."

I tilted my head and watched in amusement. Even his future child passed along with her. His eyes found mine in the darkness, and they shone with such hate.

I could hear the sound of his heart hardening, and turning into a black pit of ice.

"You fucking bitch!" He raged.

A smile appeared on my face.

"Oh come on now, there's no need for such vulgarity," I teased. He was livid.

He gently placed Kathy down, and he fucking ripped the bear trap off of his leg.

My eyes widened and I took a shaky step backwards. He shouldn't have been able to escape it. Nevertheless, a knowing smirk made its way onto my face.

He's already injured, I just have to finish him off.

He charged at me, and I wasn't quick enough to stop him. His weight sent the both of us towards the earth hard. I hit the ground with a grunt, and started punching his sides. I was doing anything I could just to get him off of me.

Jason landed one hard punch to my face, and it made everything slow down for me.

Finally, someone who knows how to fight.

I kneed his groin and watched him collapse next to me, and I hoisted myself over his muscular form.

My hands wrapped around his throat as I started to strangle him. Unfortunately, he was way stronger and practically threw me off. Where was that fucking knife?

I must've dropped it when he tackled me.

And that's when I saw the glint of medal in his hands.

Jason had the knife, and his eyes were glued to me.

"What now? You're going to kill me? You're going to kill the woman your brother loved?" I taunted.

"You are not the woman my brother loved. And killing you will be justice for everyone," he growled.

So this is it. Athena will die here today, but I won't.

I will live on.

"So then kill me," I encouraged as I opened my arms.

He stood still as a statue and stared at me.

"Come on Jason. You can do it, it's quite simple. It's just a quick jab, you could even ask Kathy, oh wait, I suppose you can't," I said with a smile.

"You don't deserve to speak her name!" He snarled with ferocity.

I tilted my head to the side and let my smile grow.

"Oh Jason. Sweet, weak little Jason. You may be angry at me, but you'll never kill me. You can't. You don't have the balls," I spat.

His eyes narrowed, and I knew it was only moments before he would charge at me.

"This is Detective Larson! Put your weapons down now!" A loud voice boomed just as flashlights lit up the forest.

Police littered the once vacant area, and now we were surrounded. I laughed at the irony.

Jason can't kill me.