Chapter Fifty One

Comincia dall'inizio

"I know." I smiled at Xiao Yu, giving the estimate reassuring smile I can muster.

"Miss, drink this," Xiao Yu gave me a cup of water, "You need to rest."

I took the water and gratefully drank it. My throat felt better now and my mouth doesn't feel dry anymore. Xiao Yu took the empty cup and exited the room.

I laid down and stared at the ceiling blankly. My mind is a jumbled mess.

Braincell 1: Once they found out about this pregnancy scheme, you're a dead meat!

Braincell 2: This isn't Bai Fan's fault. Blame Chen Mu! He didn't even tell Bai Fan what's happening!

Braincell 1: You should have come clean! You should have told the royal physician he was wrong!

Braincell 2: Do you think Bai Fan can do that when she's obviously in shock? She can't do anything in that situation!

Braincell 3: Shut up both of you! This is not a problem at all!

Braincell 1 and Braincell 2: What do you mean?

Braincell 3: Let's get Bai Fan pregnant for real. End of the discussion.

I can't anymore.

Before I could turn crazy, the door opened and revealed the ever stoic face of Chen Mu. He sat beside me once again, his fingers ran up and down my cheeks.

"Will you care tell me what this is all about?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry," He apologized, "for not telling you beforehand. It was all sudden so I was not able to inform you."

"What happened?"

"There were two princesses in the Han envoy."

"And?"

"They're planning to have one of the princesses marry into Chen Heng Li's harem."

"And the other princess?"

"For me."

My eyes widened, "For you?"

"They want her to be my concubine." He confirmed.

I stared at him, not really knowing what to do or what to say.

"Remember when I told you I don't need a concubine?" He asked as he landed a kiss on my forehead.

I nodded.

"I still feel the same way," Chen Mu smiled, "I won't take any concubine."

Of course, I remember.

It was right after we learned that Ming Shu poisoned me.

I'm grateful.

"How is me being pregnant going to dissuade them?" I still have my doubts.

"Don't worry, I have my ways. Just continue acting pregnant. You're going to stay here for a week. Mother wanted to make sure everything is alright with you before she lets you go." Chen Mu told me.

"What about you? Are you going to leave me here?" I asked, not really liking the idea of staying in the imperial palace.

"I have something to do. I will come back and get you." Chen Mu promised.

"But what if the royal physician's find out I'm not actually pregnant."

"Take this pill every day. It doubles your heartbeat, confusing the royal physicians into thinking that you're pregnant." Chen Mu said and took out a dark bottle out of his sleeves.

I'm just glad that their medical knowledge and facilities were still lacking.

"Will I get chest pains? What if I faint again?"

"That only happens the first time you take it."

Chen Mu was about to stand up but I quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him back down.

"Chen Mu, this plan will probably work for now but what happens next? We may get rid of the Han envoy but what about your mother and everyone who is expecting a child from me?" I let out my worries.

Sure, Chen Mu might avoid marrying the Han princess but what about me? What about my 'pregnancy'? We can't go like "Puff! The baby is gone! Magic!"

"Don't worry," Chen Mu leaned close to me, his breathing fanning my cheeks, "we'll work on that as soon as we get home. No more disturbances."

Braincell 1: Pft. I'm sure someone's going to intrude once again.

Braincell 2: When Chen Mu says no more disturbances, then it means no more disturbances!

Braincell 3: ...