When Laughter Fades

YUURI POV

Hey~ You probably already know me and Victor by now. But if you remember when I saw him again after five years he asked why I came and I said inspiration. Victor then asked if I had type of project going on and I panicked. The truth is I don't..... but why I said inspiration is because of Victor. He is very inspirational in his own way. I will hear him get up early in the morning sleepy and tired and yet he will still play. And sing. His voice is the most beautiful thing for me but a lot of things are. Birds and the wind and sometimes just silence. It's always nice. I wanted to touch base with everyone here. Figured it might be a good idea. And what I'm about to tell you is a secret..... and I want it to stay that way until Well..... until I can bring myself to say. My voice. You all know it's gone but it has gotten worse.... I can't laugh anymore... and I can barely make the noises that Victor enjoys hearing.... and it's tearing me apart. I figured this out about one week before I left Hasetsu and I thought that- You know maybe it was a joke maybe the doctor, the person who I'm trusting is pulling my leg but. It isn't. My vocal cords they where damaged before but they are getting weaker. By the time I reach 30 I won't be able to say or do anything to help it. Witch is why I'm going in for a surgery. It's horribly dangerous and I know that..... but people who are mute have walked out with there voices back. It's a 50 50 chance..... I want to sing with Victor I want to talk to him and I can't stay silent all of my life while people harass and hurt me. I have been saving up. And my family knows..... Victor says I don't need a voice because I already have one and it's warms my heart but i want to say. I love you. With my voice. And I want to ask him to marry me..... with my voice.... it's just a matter of when... the surgery is tomorrow so I need to talk to him now..... but anyway. Thank you for listening to me. I love you all.

Victor: "Yuuri~?! Where are you...?" My head flinches to the side where I see Victor walking around. Sweat drips form my forehead as I stand and walk over and we lock eyes. "Ah~! Good morning flower~!" Victor hugs me and my face turns red as I hug him back. I then gently pull away and raise my hands.

//V-Victor can I talk to you about something?// Victors expression changed and he blinks becoming more soft and worry hearted.

Victor: "Of corse you can. Is everything okay...?" I swallow hard and hold my shirt tight taking a moment before I lift my hands tearing up.

//I don't know if you will be able to hear my laugh anymore.....// Victor practically got stabbed on the heart. Harshly and he shakes before brushing my hair to the side and gently lifting my head. //I cant hear it Victor...... My laugh is gone.....// I cover my eyes and start crying and so does Victor as he holds me close to him. Victor loved my laugh so so much. He would make me laugh on purpose just to hear it but it's gone..... There was nothing to say. I could tell Victor was heartbroken. He even tried tickling me and I did laugh but nothing came out from my lips.....

Victor: "N-No...... Come on..... please." Victor tickled me again but no matter how much he got the best he got was a smile. He shakes and falls on the floor. "N-No..... no Yuuri they can't. Not you're laugh. It's so beautiful.... I love you're laugh. It makes me so happy..... W-Why did- Why did the world take away you-" He then sees his necklace and he grabs it and goes to open it. Now here is the thing just a few days ago I told Victor that if he has a wish that is dear to his heart he can open the small bottle around his neck that had the flower pedal and let the pedal go and fly in the wind while making a wish and that wish would come true. "GIVE IT BACK!! I-I want Yuuri's laugh back! You can take my laugh if you want but it's all he has please! Just-" I then grab his hands and he looks at me and I shake my head tears falling down my cheeks. "No Yuuri let me wish for you!! You're laugh is all you have left and- and I love it..... please I don't want it gone." I kneel down and and take his hands away before pulling him close to me. "Yuuri..... you're laugh it can't be gone....." he looks at me and I nod saddened and hurt. "And there is nothing you can do!" I then jump shock in my eyes.

//Well..... Victor tomorrow I'm actually getting a surgery....// Victor stops turning white faced and I tuck my fingers into my palms. //It's hopefully going to heal my vocal cords but-//

Victor: "YUURI YOU COULD DIE!!!" I hold my arm and nod. "No.... no no Yuuri I can't let you. It's to risky if I lost you I could never forgive myself....!"

//But Victor it's what I want. I want to tell you that I love you in my voice and I want to sing with you and I want to happily hum.... my voice will be weak. And very silent I know. But I will be able to speak..... I will- I will finally be able to say "Victor I love you"// I smile tears landing in the floor as I shake. //Please. Please Victor try to understand.....// Victor takes my hands and he locks eyes with me.

Victor: "this is something you really want?" I nod. "And you are going back home for this I assume...." I nod again and Victor stands and looks back at me. "I'm coming with you. And Yuuri. You better love. Because my flower." Victor then helps me up and brushes my hair out of my face. "My flower will never wilt."