what hell really entails

I can't say a lot of things catch me off guard. 

        But this, this was something that definitely caught me off guard. 

        In front of me was a sight I never would've expected to see. One Direction was standing leisurely in my kitchen with holiday themed mugs in their hands. 

        I think it's my staring that puts them off a bit because I'm sure I have a peculiar expression on my face. I'm not too sure what expression I should even have on my face. 

        They're exchanging looks as I stand there, not saying a thing. 

        I blink and look at my mom out of the corner of my eye. She's biting the inside of her lip to keep what I'm sure is a smug smile off of her face. She's enjoying this entirely too much. 

        "Uh, hi," I say unsurely. I don't know what to do. This is the biggest boyband in the world and while I'm not that big of a fan, it's hard not to feel intimidated or starstruck. (But only a smidgen concerning the starstruck feeling)

        I've dealt with fame far too much to feel intimidated for long though.         

        I brush off the feelings of inadequacy and force myself to become more approachable. "I'm Maya," I say with the same smile I had a few seconds ago. I stick my hand out for them to shake, carefully gauging each of their faces and their appearances. The way people look straight after a long flight reflects who they are as a person. Usually. 

        I let them run through their names out of courtesy because who doesn't know these boys? 

        "It's nice to meet you guys," I say as I let go of Liam's hand. He sends me a soft smile, his eyes slightly droopy due to his drowsiness. They must've been flying for hours to look this tired. 

        My mom claps her hand, obviously feeling how awkward the room is. "Maya here will show you guys your rooms. I hope you don't mind that two of you guys will have to share," she says apologetically, dipping her chin down. 

        I have to say, I'm fairly impressed by how my mom's acting. Sometimes, I forget how easy it is for her to play me like I play her. 

        I keep the smile plastered on my face as if this is exactly what I was hoping to do at 12:15 in the morning. She's just torturing for me for the hell of it. 

        Niall loops arm around Zayn's neck and grins cheerfully at her, his cheeks pink. "Zayn and I won't mind sharing. Thanks for letting us stay here Mrs. Loving," he says his Irish accent thick. He's so happy for having only gotten off a flight an hour ago. 

        He was dangerous. This wasn't normal. 

        "Call me Hazel," she laughs offhandedly. 

        Behind her back, I make a disgusted face. Please call her Mrs. Loving. For my sake at least. 

        Louis sniggers when he catches sight of my face and points a finger at the back of his throat, mimicking my expression. 

        My mom turns to face me, causing me to quickly drop my stink face. "Hey, remember to turn on the alarm before you go to bed okay? I love you." She kisses my cheek, bids the boys a quiet goodbye and makes her way up the stairs. Leaving me with our newest guests. 

        I run my hand through my hair, snagging it on a couple tangles. "Do you want me to show you guys your rooms after you're done with your drinks or?" I let the rest of my question hang in the air, raising my eyebrow at them.