Hello...

After my first encounter with this rather odd but intriguing man, I had found that he wasn't as horrifying as my neighboring towns folk had brought him out to be, the only thing they were right about was him being real, and how I had ended up there with that very man, I have no idea.

In all honesty, I actually felt bad for him, and through the past few months I have adapted a sort of understanding to how he functions, for instance his triggers such as what to do and what not to do.

I suddenly glanced up as I heard cries coming from the safety cupboard, I assumed this was just another one of his weird personality swings, so I took it as nothing and got myself back to sleep in the corner of the living room, as he continued to sob uncontrollably. While I sat there, I started to feel this horrific pain in my chest...it wouldn't go away, every burning ember in my body was telling me to go over and comfort him, the burning was only getting worse  and worse by every little sob I heard coming from that cupboard, I finally couldn't take the feeling anymore and headed over to the cupboard to which he was in,
I opened the door oh so carefully trying not to startle him any more than he already was. I cringed while I shut my eyes tightly in fear of what his reaction might be as I brought him into a tightly warm embrace, wrapping my arms around his torso.
My heart started to pound right out of my chest like an ongoing drum as to my surprise he wrapped his long slender arms around me tightly, sobbing into my chest, tears started to cloud my eyes out of empathy as both of our tears stained the old pavement floor.

After a short while he started to calm down as I showed him to his room, right before I could walk out and go to my corner of the house I was tapped on the shoulder by the oddly long slender fingers he possessed. I froze.
"Y-you could stay in- in here with me i-if you'd like. It is qu-quite cold over there...(Y/n)..."
I turned to look at him, surprised by his offer, which I gladly took with a slight nod.
That night as I was trying to sleep...I got that... feeling again...the...burning feeling...But, it wasn't fear...and it didn't hurt this time....

As I laid there a shaking trembling mess for what seemed like hours, I felt an arm pull me close as long slender fingers gently stroked my side eventually calming me down as I fell into slumber, brushed up against the mysterious man.

What was this feeling?.....
And more importantly....why was he acting so differently after the past few months ....?