But if she starts to show signs of something different I’ll know she fucked up.

“I wonder how Tavi will feel about that” I accidently said my thoughts out loud.

“That’s not her nigga, she shouldn’t feel no way. He nexted her…” Jasmine went on.

I shook my head at my mistake for even bringing up Tavi’s name.

“But she did like him, a while ago” I added.

“And? That doesn’t mean, he like her” She retorted.

I put my hand up to stop her from going on. “Okay Jasmine, I get it”

The rest of the time I spent with Jasmine, was cool for the most part.

But I wanted to get away from her and finally chill with Chris to get my mind off of the petty drama.

Shayne

I made my way out the elevator once it reached my floor.

I approached my door, and dug for my keys in my pants pocket.

I opened up the door, and made my way to my living room.

“I got peach ones if that’s—“ I stopped when I saw some girl standing with Tavi in the middle of my living room.

I couldn’t see her face because her back was turned towards me.

But when she turned around I knew exactly who she was.

It was Mariah.

It was that same face I fell in love with, the same face that held the key to my heart, the same face that fucked me over.

The same face that made me the way I am today.

She stood there with the biggest smile on her face.

Tavi stood behind her looking lost and out of place.

I can’t believe this bitch would show up here, and I can’t believe the bitch behind her would let her ass in.

“Hey Shayne” Mariah finally spoke breaking the silence. “I wanted to come by to see how you were doing”

“I’m fine” I nonchalantly answered.

She took a step closer to me. “Can we talk” She looked back at Tavi. “In private”

“I can leave” Tavi said as she reached for her phone off the coffee table getting ready to go.