three

"please (y/n), just come with me?" i roll my eyes as my friend, sophie, begs me to come with her to a gig.

"i'm tired and i've never listened to them." she pleads with her eyes, "come on, you'll love them!" i sigh in defeat, "fine! but you're buying me a pint." she cheers, "yes! thank you."

we begin to get ready and sophie does my makeup, "the lead singers hot." i scoff, "yeah, i'm not interested, i literally just broke up with nathan."

she rolls her eyes, "you need to forget about him!" i nod, "i am! i just don't need a rebound!" she nods and doesn't question me anymore.

when we get to the venue, the queue outside is fairly long. "i thought you said they weren't that big?" she shakes her head, "they're not, but this is quite a small venue."

the gig is at the boardwalk, the home to some of the best music in manchester. "what are they called?" i ask, "oasis."

we get into the gig and they come on, sophie was right, the lead singer was fit as fuck, maybe a rebound wasn't such a bad idea.

"this ones called rock n roll star." his voice is fit too, i would approach him but i'm far too sober for that.

"right, seen as you promised me a drink, i'll have a pint of lager please." sophie nods and goes to the bar, momentarily coming back with two pints.

the band comes off stage and head over to the bar, greeting some of their fans as they do.

"you're staring." my head shoots back to my friend, "what? i'm not!" she rolls her eyes, "just go and talk to him." i shake my head, "no way!"

she begins to walk slowly, "alright, i will." i grab her arm, "okay, i'm going!"

i walk over hesitantly, looking back at sophie for reassurance. she gives me a thumbs up and motions for me to hurry up.

what do i say?

"pretty good, yous." he turns around at the sound of my voice. "cheers." he looks me up and down, "what's your name, love?" i blush, "(y/n)" he holds his hands out and i take it, "liam."

"want a drink?" i nod, "go on then." we carry on chatting by the bar until sally cinnamon comes on the jukebox. "tune!" he smirks, pulling me onto the dance floor.

we dance together and he pulls me closer. "woah, easy tiger." he groans, "come on, i don't bite, love." he flirts and i giggle.

i wrap my arms around his neck, my drunk mind taking over. "easy tiger." he mocks, taking my waist.

"what can i say? i'm attracted to cocky lead singers." he smirks, "oh yeah?" he leans into kiss me and i don't hold back, "yep."