Chapter 1

"Fauna, you damn bitch, how dare you defy your master's orders!"

The whip fell down on my back like ice cold hail. Every lash made me wonder if there was any skin left on my worn out back.

I had refused to use the remains of my already tattered gown to clean the chamberpots, which made master rage. His own son, Erlim, was the one who told me to do so, and he now stood in a corner, laughing and mocking my suffering.

If master threw me out, I would have no where else to go. I was abandoned when I was only nine, and ever since then, I had to fork out a living as a servant for others. The way they treated me was bad, the food ans shelter, worse, but even then, I couldn't risk being thrown out, no matter how cruel they treat me. If I was left stranded out on the streets, I could be arrested, or worse.

I shuddered, not sure if my thoughts or the whip was causing me to.

I breathed in.

Breathed out.

The crack of the whip became ever more furious, and the pain escalated. My frail body trembled, and attempted to endure my punishment.

Suddenly, it stopped. I fell to the floor, my naked body exhausted. Every twitch caused explosions of pain to erupt throughout my body, causing me to flinch and grit my teeth.

Erlim emerged from his spot in the corner, looking at me with his handsome, but cold, blue eyes. They were full of amusement, unlike my own blue eyes, which were clouded with pain.

"Father.... may I speak in private to... this?" he gestured towards me, as I were no more than an object, which was probably what they thought of me.

Master nodded his consent, and Erlim dragged me by the hair to the stables, with me thrashing and kicking the whole way.

"Stop doing that, you bitch!" he yelled, slapping me hard across my face. The hit stung so badly, that I slightly yelped, causing Erlim to chuckle.

"Dear, if a bitch like you can't stand this, then you'll die trying to survive what will come next." His expression was once again amused, his dirty blond hair giving him a threatening look.

Once we were in the stable, Erlim locked the door, and dragged me to a thick wooden beam. Still gripping firm on my brown hair, he picked up a few chains lying there in the hay, which smelled like horse waste.

He shackled my hands behind my back, and trussed me up with another long chain, tying me to the post.

He kicked me hard between my legs, making me yelp again, with tears brimming in my eyes.

He kicked me again. "Listen, a slut like you is worthless, stupid and clumsy, so we're going to get rid of you. You eat too much, take up so much space, and you're not worth a single coin you wasted!" He spat on me, looking satisfied as the spit rolled down my cheek.

I was on the verge of crying again. They were going to dump me out onto the streets, left alone for the wolves. Master hardly have me enough food to eat, and I slept in the servant's chambers, in the smallest corner! How could that be so troublesome?

Erlim laughed at my expression, kicking me repeatedly, making a few tears roll down my face.

"Don't think we're going to leave you on the street! Father took pity on you, and decided to just string you up once and for all!"

My eyes widened in fear, frozen with shock.

"Relax. We'll give you three more days to live. After that, you're done for." He laughed once more, and left, leaving me alone in the darkness, to wonder my fate.

~•~•~•~

Oh, and to those who think Fauna is Zelda.... she's NOT REALLY!;) Wait and see to find out!;)