Chapter 1: Bad Dreams

Start from the beginning

When I finally forced myself to look at the Athena table, there was Annabeth. My heart sped up for a second, and I quickly looked away. She looked the same as everyone else. Happy and enjoying herself. Percy could tell just by watching that something was off though. She looked slightly uncomfortable.

I decided to talk to her. I had known her for years and we went through everything together. I needed to figure out what was going on.

"Annabeth?" I said quietly. I was by her table. Everyone stopped talking, and glanced at me nervously. Then they looked down. I repeated her name. Nothing. She was ignoring me just like everyone else at the table.

"Annabeth please," I pleaded. She ignored me. She just glanced at her fork and then the floor. I felt humiliated. Mostly everybody at camp was silent now. I left.

I walked to my cabin and closed the door behind me, leaning against it. I felt silent tears running down my face.

After crying for a while, I lifted myself off the door. I had made a decision. Annabeth didn't want me, and it didn't seem like anyone else did. I wasn't wanted here.

I grabbed all the things that mattered to me, which wasn't much. I grabbed a picture of my mom and Paul, a picture of Thalia, Nico, and me, and my Minotaur horn. I had still kept that after all this time. I looked out the window and saw Annabeth walking with Evan, crying on his shoulder.

I couldn't believe her, and I ran. Right out of camp, with my stuff. Past the tree and past the magical border. As I left, I could picture everyone around me, all of my friends, even my own father saying all of the same words to me.

"Goodbye," they chanted, "We never liked you anyways."

I screamed, my head pounding from all the different emotions trying to find their way out of it. I finally couldn't run any longer. I collapsed to the floor to exhausted to get back up. I saw my chest heave up and down, up and down. I tried to concentrate on my breathing, but the tears streaming silently down my face made that hard. I was shaking with silent sobs. Suddenly, a blinding light appeared and I had to shield my eyes.

I looked up to see a man in a cloak that hid his face. My instincts told me to take out Riptide, but I was too heartbroken and tired to move.

"My name is Chaos, Creator and Ruler of Everything. I'm stronger than all of the gods combined. In fact, I'm actually stronger than anyone you've ever faced. Gaea, the Giants, the Titans, or anyone else. And I'm here to make a deal with you, Percy. I see what these humans have done to you. The gods, especially your father, shunning you, your friends and your former girlfriend betraying you, I wouldn't be surprised if you'd like to leave Earth all together."

I gathered my thoughts and finally calmed down. I sniffled here and there, but I was breathing regularly again. My sadness was turning into anger.

"Yes," I had said bitterly, "I would love to leave this horrible planet. It kills me to be on this soil right now. I want to go somewhere else."

"Yes, and that is why I am here to make you that offer. Come with me, have your own army, battle evil on Planet Chaos. You are very special, and I could make you very powerful. I would like you to be the leader of my army." Chaos persuaded.

"But I don't know you. I don't know anything about you, you could be a monster in disguise," I said.
Chaos took off his hood. He had starry eyes, that shined like the galaxy. His face was bright and smooth, and he had dimples. Not something I would expect from the Creator of Everything. He smiled wide and it was the first time in a long time that someone gave me a genuine smile.

"Come with me, son of Poseidon," Chaos said with an outstretched hand.
I took his hand while I spoke, "I'm not a son of Poseidon anymore. I'm a son of Chaos."

I woke up with a start while someone blew an air horn in my ear. I quickly opened my eyes to see Luke, or Alpha standing there. Chaos had recruited other people in his army before me, that had died. And it turns out I knew them all.

There was Luke, who was the former leader, but he gave up his position to me. We now call him Alpha because he is my second in command. Zoë was also brought back, and her code name was Dusk. Bianca was in the army, too. Her code name was Huntress. Chaos recruited Ethan, too. He had died heroically and deserved a second chance. His code name was Pirate. Hey, his eyepatch made it too hard to resist I guess. Castor was brought into the army when he died, his code name was Vines. Charles Beckendorf was brought back too. His code name was Forge. Silena was also brought back by Chaos, and her code name was Beauty. The last person recruited was Omega. And that's me. But definitely not Percy. Percy was the weak demigod who everyone betrayed. Omega is the strong leader of Chao's army who protects the universe.

"Sorry Omega," Luke apologized, "You were having a bad dream, and we didn't know how to wake you."
"Sure," I said rolling my eyes, "Why are you waking me up so early?" I glanced at the clock and it read 7:30. The Chaos soldiers get to sleep in until 10:00. Chaos sounds like an annoying doctor at a checkup who says sleep is important.

"Well, Chaos called a meeting," Luke told me. That made me worried. Because Chaos had never called a meeting before. And one of the things mentioned when I first got to this planet, was that Chaos never called a meeting unless there was very bad news, an emergency, or an extremely important event coming up.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-
Hey! So that was the first chapter, and if you read the description to this story then you would know that I know a lot of people are doing these stories, but none of them really had what I wanted in them (and what you want in it is different for everyone), so I decided to try my own. Please leave me a comment telling me if you like something or disliked something I did so I can improve. And remember if you liked this, make sure to vote! Thanks!

~sugar cookies 🍪