"How am I going to?"

"I'll be here for you the whole entire time." I responded, looking deeply into her eyes. "If I'm there, do you think you could do it?" Natsuki paused for a moment, long eyelashes batted slowly against her face.

"I think I will be able to do it easier if you come with." Natsuki replied, pressing herself next to me once again. Nodding, I headed for my phone, still locked arms with Natsuki.

I dialed the police.

Soon enough the cops pulled into the driveway, knocking on the door and sending hard shivers down my back.

"This is going to change everything, Natsuki." I softly whispered.

"I know," she smiled slightly, looking up at me.

Everything seemed like a blur.

I was holding tightly onto Natsuki most of the time as she explained everything she could to the cops before her. The bruises on her ribs and leg were proof enough, the cops had sent a few of their friends over to Natsuki's house to check it out.

Since Natsuki's house was down the street just a few blocks, the report came back quickly.
Natsuki's dad had tried to put up a fight, but didn't protest in drunkenly saying how Natsuki "deserved to be beat." The cops retaliated, getting him into handcuffs before anything worse could happen.

"Where are you going to stay?" A large burly police man was standing over Natsuki, he had been asking numerous questions and writing them down to make sure to get all information possible.

"I... don't know," Natsuki faltered slightly, I could feel her arm around mine slacken.

"She's staying with me." I replied quickly and bravely. "I mean... uh... if you want to, Natsuki." Why did I just say that, she was going to think I was a creep or a freak or-

"R-really?" She tugged tighter to me, her eyes wide in shock.

"Really." I couldn't help myself from smiling. Here goes nothing.

Quickly she tackled me into a tight hug, squeezing at my stomach hard. I let out a strangled laugh and hugged her back, lifting her into the air for a moment.

"If you need to get your stuff from your room, I advise you to get it now." The policeman broke the moment of happiness. Nodding I grabbed a couple of suitcases from a nearby storage closet, throwing one to Natsuki. She held it tight and scampered to my car.

The drive was quick and silent. I neared her house, pulling into the driveway.

"I'm just going to warn you now," Natsuki mumbled as she hopped out of my car. "My house isn't pretty.. Nor does it smell good."
"It's alright, Natsuki," I breathed, she opened the door with a flinch.

As I walked in I instinctively recoiled, the stench of pure alcohol hit me like a punch to my face. Blinking a few times I looked around.
The faint buzz of a staticy TV made this all the more ominous. I felt the hair on the back of my neck rise.

The house was oddly very dark, the lights seemed dimmed and almost non-existent.

Right before me was a small kitchen, the light above the stove was yellow and flickery. The counters were piled with green shiny bottles, some half broken. I took a broken one and held it in my hand, examining it. With a sharp inhale of breath I saw small blood droplets caked onto the sharp jutting edges. I looked over to Natsuki, her eyes dilated as she stared back at me.   

"Hah. He smashed that bottle over my head," Natsuki held a lock of hair out of her face and I noticed a cut placed on her forehead. "I haven't been able to pick that one up since." Setting it down quickly along with the suitcase I held I took Natsuki in a hug. She squeaked in surprise before sinking into my hug. Stepping back for a moment I placed my thumb on the cut and brushed against it. I won't let anyone hurt her ever again.