t w o

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊—𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊
—𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺—

𝙎𝙄𝙉𝘾𝙀 𝘽𝙍𝙔𝘾𝙀 𝘿𝙔𝙇𝘼𝙉 was a teenager, she had always found serenity in the quietness of small spaces. When she lived with her parents, it was her closet in which she spent most of her time. It was odd, but Bryce rigged it up with light garlands and pages of magazines she found interesting. Most of the space was taken up by books— piles of them that were packed away on handmade wooden bookshelves.

But since she had moved into a new home— her own— Bryce had a small office, designated just as her place for peace and quiet. It was less questionable when she hid away in there, and it was the perfect space for everything to fit. And now, as she packed up a few of her books from the office, she knew she was going to miss it.

Every day that she was in Hawaii, Bryce would dream about her home and all she had left behind, despite knowing that she would come back to it. Things like that didn't matter when she was away— when she would come back, or who was missing her. The brunette would be up to her neck in work, and wouldn't have time to sit around and think about how much she missed her cubby-space.

Bryce closes the door behind her, pulling her suitcase as she moved towards her bedroom. She had a plan, like usual, for her packing list. The brunette was going to pack enough clothes for two weeks, along with any other necessities she'd need for that period of time, and would bring her credit card along. And, after the two weeks was up, she would come back if she needed to. Since the letter didn't specify how long she would be staying, it seemed as though she had to guess at what to bring.

The woman glances out her window, the gleam of the sun catching her eye for a moment. But as she folded up her last dress, she dropped it back onto the silky sheets of her bed, and stepped over to the window.

Outside, the sun was peaking just over some buildings in the distance, preparing to fall from the sky. It had been a while since Bryce took the time to sit down and watch the sunset. So she decided that, since she would be gone for a time, she would abandon her responsibilities for a few short minutes to watch. Bryce fully parts the white curtains, opening the window to allow the outside breeze into the room. And, with a quick decision, she pulled her blazer closer to her chest, and climbed out onto the roof of the first story.

The sun was leaving behind a small wave of heat, which was quickly being washed away by a coolness that settled in with the oncoming night sky. But it felt good on Bryce's face, despite how much she wanted to feel the heat a little longer. Below, in the streets, two women were walking side-by-side. Bryce didn't think she recognized them at first, since it was just a short look, but then she found herself calling out to catch their attention.