"Well adopting is surly a blessing experience to anyone. You will really enjoy it. Is there anything you want in general?" She asked.

"well no." Brett said and took a look at his wife. "but we wanted to know if you had any babies by chance?" The woman raised a eyebrow.

"Well yes. we actually have a new little girl in here. she is the sweetest thing ever. would you like to meet her?" Ms Lee asked kindly. Jasmine smiled at her husband asking if she wanted to. He nodded and his wife excitedly walked along with Ms Lee.

They walked into a small room, where a younger girl a volunteer was holding a small girl dressed in a pink baby romper. "Mr. and Mrs. Jones this is Nicole." She said. They looked at the little girl, she looked at them with a smile on her faces. In the moment something sparked in both of them. And they knew that they were going to adopt this baby. She was going to be in their family.

" are you listening to me?" Nikki asked pulling Jasmine back into reality. She smiled and nodded her head.

"Sorry dear i am a bit off today. what's up?" She asked. she was thrilled Nikki was speaking with her again. It certainly hurts a mother when they hurt their child. No matter what the reason. So she tried to act as interested as possible, which wasn't a struggle she really was interested in what she had to say.

"Well i was wondering if you could tell me something." Jasmine raised a eyebrow at her daughter waiting for her to continue. "i wanna know about my birth parents." She spoke and then Jasmine frowned. "is that bad?" She asked.

" oh no um." Jasmine tried to think of what to say, Brett came walking up behind her.

"Nik, i think that you should take this one step at a time, you just found out you were adopted so why not wait a bit." Brett said to her.

"why? why can't i know about them? I wanna know about me." She begged. The couple looked at each other. This was a very serious and sensative topic. So going on with it was hard. They did the only thing they knew they agreed. They gave her a small file that Ms. Lee provided them at her adoption. "why are you guys so scared about me learning about them?" She asked softly.

"We just want what is best for you and we don't want to see you hurt." Jasmine said picking her words carefully now. Nikki knew what they meant though. She looked down at her envelope before saying.

"Just because i wanna know about my past doesn't mean i won't forget you. I love you guys because you are my family. Blood or not. i just want to know who i am. you know?" Nikki said. Everyone was surprised how adult-ish she was acting.

"we know. But we want you to know we love you. very much." Brett said. Nikki smiled at them and was about to leave when she turned to face them one last time. She looks at them with a smile.

"can i go to Ava's house this weekend? for a sleep over?" Her parents looked specifically but then nodded allowing her to go.

:
:
:

In her room, Ava looked at the envelope with care. Everything she needed to know about herself. About her birth parents. This weekend wasn't actually going to be a sleep over at Ava's. It was a excuse so she could find her birth parents.

She was determine to find as much information as possible before this weekend. This file would contain everything she needed to know. She took the file to her room and sat on her bed. She pulled out the first paper that was neatly placed in the folder.

Everything in her file was mostly small adoption contracts. She kept looking in the files, getting a little annoyed that there was nothing there. She came to her birth certificate. Nothing. Only one last name.

Her mothers last name.

She got a lot out of this. One her parents aren't together, or her mother didn't take her father's name. And something else, her father wasn't there for her birth. Because his signature was missing.

S. Johansson.

The name that held all the secretes to her future. She smiled and was about to close the folder when something fell out of the envelope. She turned her head. It was a small hand written note.

To my dearest daughter,

I want to start off by expressing my love for you. I don't think i will ever be forgiven for what i have done. I don't deserve to. But i hope you are okay. i knew i wouldn't be a good mother. i knew i was destined to fail you. so i hope you found a family, one that will love you with the love you deserve.

If one day you decided i am worth your forgiveness, i hope i have officially over come the guilt of leaving you. Through i know i never will. i hope you are happy. That is all i ever wanted for you. Maybe one day if fates allows we will be reunited.

Love you all ways.

Nikki examined the note a tear fell from her face. There in her hand was the only communication from her birth mother ever. She was determined to see her birth parents.On the end of the envelope was a faded out address. she smiled to herself. weather she was suppose to see it or not was unclear but since it was there she was going to check it out. So this weekend her and Ava were going to LA.